Senior Controls Engineer - Oil & Gas
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Senior Controls Engineer – Oil & Gas
Location: Alpharetta, GA (hybrid remote)
Status: Temp to Perm (6 months)
Compensation: $120-150K DOE / Contractor rate $55-70/hour
Senior Controls Engineer | Oil & Gas Position
As a Senior Engineer of Controls, you are accountable for performing and leading engineering design and support activities for various Controls Systems. The Senior Controls Engineer serves as the lead controls engineering resource on multiple projects simultaneously while also being responsible for supporting the existing controls systems to ensure safe and reliable pipeline operation
· Performs project related work in a manner to ensure projects stay within budget and schedule. Work with project team as a technology representative and coordinates work within the technology organization as well as pipeline operations and other engineering disciplines.
· Assists with the management of integrators/vendors/contractors by participating in developing bid packages, reviewing proposals, reviewing statements of works, creating requisitions, reviewing invoices, etc.
· Regularly oversees the work of controls system integrators and performs reviews of deliverables related to the design of the control systems to ensure they are complete and accurate.
· Serves as resource to less experienced engineers and can direct the work of other engineers to help meet objectives.
· Consults with operations and other stakeholders to fully understand, define, and document user requirements and functional specifications.
· Defines test plans and methodologies to ensure control system solution functions and performs as intended and meets requirements.
· Responsible for ensuring control system design is properly documented to support purchasing, installation and maintenance using drawings, bills of material, data maps, and other related documents
· Responsible for ensuring HMI design satisfies requirements/specifications and follows all applicable standards and guidelines.
· Responsible for ensuring PLC programming satisfies requirements/specification and follows all applicable standards and guidelines.
· Leads troubleshooting and issue resolution of problems related to controls systems, responds to inquiries related to the current operation of the controls solution and participates in incident analysis information gathering.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Controls, Computer, Mechanical or Chemical engineering, or a related engineering field from an accredited college or university; will consider a combination of experience and/or education.
· Ideally 10+ years of Industrial Automation/Controls engineering experience with liquid pipelines.
· Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
· Experience within the Industrial Automation and Controls Systems (PLC, HMI, and Communications),
· Experience with various Allen-Bradley PLC platforms, GE Fanuc Proficy iFix HMI, various communication protocols.
· Advanced level understanding of PLC products, programming principles, and architectures.
· Advanced level understanding of HMI software products, design principles, and architectures.
· Expert level understanding of control strategies used within the refined petroleum pipeline industry.
· Expert level understanding of Controls Signals, Protocols, and Transmission Medium for communicating with end devices used to monitor and control pipelines such as discrete voltage, analog, digital, digital bus, etc.
· Commitment to consistently adhere to policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core values of Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety, and Excellence in completing work assignments.
· Self-motivated, have a phenomenal work ethic and looking for the right company to support your growth.
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
· Professional Engineering License/Certification.
· Ideally 10 years Pipeline/Oil/Gas industry experience.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Client Company