Project Manager | IT Infrastructure (Server/Network Upgrade/Refresh)
Client Company Alpharetta, GA
- Expired: 17 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***This is a contractor position located in Alpharetta, GA with in-office requirements post-Covid***
Title: Project Manager | IT Infrastructure (Server/Network Upgrade/Refresh)
Location: Alpharetta 30009
Contract Duration: 12-24+ months
Travel: Up to 25%
We seek a Project Manager (PM) with expertise in IT Infrastructure deployments and upgrades to work on complex projects and Implementations/migrations/upgrades with experience leading and delivering similar engagements in regulated industries. Candidates need to be self-sufficient and proactive Project Managers who are intimate with the tools of the trade (Project/ Visio/ Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint) and are able clear speak to their capabilities. The candidate must also excel at communicating with various levels within an organization from the c-level to field operators.
This is an individual contributor role (roll up your sleeves) that function as the lead of a cross-functional internal team consisting of client Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Field or Operations resources, senior IT/Functional leaders, and Vendor resources.
Key requirements include:
1. Work with infrastructure architects/engineers to define/review/solidify milestones/tasks with timelines for assigned projects, ad-hoc complex technical undertakings.
2. Manage the implementation of assigned projects/ad-hoc undertakings and provide timely updates to management and major stakeholders.
3. Identify/clarify major gaps/concerns/issues/roadblocks during design and implementation stages of the projects; drive the remediation/resolution/mitigation of the identified risks/issues/obstacles/road blockers.
4. Responsible for stakeholder communication, which includes delivering regular status updates to the management, architecture, technical teams on both infrastructure and application development sides.
5. Manage, motivate and coach project team members consisting of technical engineers, architects, etc., across the infrastructure spectrum, including but not limited to: facilities, converged infrastructure platform, virtualization teams, server provisioning and build teams.
The Project Manager manages highly complex IT infrastructure projects with a focus on Networking and Systems and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The PM mitigates risks through proactive management of the projects and identification of risks and mitigation strategies. The PM works independently to define project scope and deliverables while staying closely aligned to stakeholders and client leadership. In certain instances, the PM will be required to create, document, and track business and functional requirements.
Utilities / Energy / Manufacturing / Defense or regulated industry experience is preferred with specific experiences with IT application projects within the same industries.
Additional duties include:
- Adherence to client’s quality and safety standards
- Consistent and proactive management of timelines and deliverables
- Manage vendor integration within project scope
- Develops detailed work plans, financial estimates, schedules, and status reports
- Creates and manages technical/functional/business requirements
- Provide weekly status reports to project stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to client(s) and vendor(s)
- Influence stakeholders, clients, and vendors in support of the project plan and assigned resources
- Develop recommendations and implement solutions
- Recommends best practices
- Apply process improvement approaches (Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Waterfall)
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 to 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- PMP OR SSGB OR SSBB certification required (Project Management Professional OR Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt)
- Ability to lead and deliver complex projects
- Ability to influence and present at any level within an organization
- Demonstrable proficiency with the MS Office suite along with MS Project
Job Type: Contract
TechnologyView all jobs at Client Company