Title: Applications Project Manager with PMP
Location: Alpharetta 30009
Contract Duration: 12 - 18 months +
Travel: Up to 25%
We seek a Project Manager (PM) with expertise in Application Development to work on complex Application projects and Implementations with experience leading an delivering similar engagements in regulated industries. Candidates need to be self-sufficient and proactive Project Managers who are intimate with the tools of the trade (Project/ Visio/ Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint) and are able clear speak to their capabilities. The candidate must also excel at communicating with various levels within an organization from the c-level to field operators.
These are individual contributor roles (roll up your sleeves) that function as the lead of a cross-functional internal team consisting of client Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Field or Operations resources, senior IT/Functional leaders and Vendor resources.
The Project Manager manages highly complex IT application projects and mitigates risks through proactive management of the project and identification of risk and mitigation strategies. They will oversee multiple projects and workstreams and are hands on with daily client contact. The PM works independently to define project scope and deliverables while staying closely aligned to stakeholders and client leadership. The PM will also be required to create, document and track business and functional requirements.
Utilities / Energy / Manufacturing / Defense or regulated industry experience is preferred with specific experiences with IT application projects within the same industries.
Additional duties include:
- Adherence to client’s quality and safety standards
- Consistent and proactive management of timelines and deliverables
- Manage vendor integration within project scope
- Develops detailed work plans, financial estimates, schedules, and status reports
- Creates and manages technical/functional/business requirements
- Provide weekly status reports to project stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to client and vendor(s)
- Influence stakeholders, clients, and vendors in support of the project plan and assigned resources
- Develop recommendations and implement solutions
- Recommends best practices
- Apply process improvement approaches (Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Waterfall)
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 to 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- PMP OR SSGB OR SSBB certification required (Project Management Professional OR Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt)
- Ability to lead and deliver complex IT app dev projects
- Ability to influence and present at any level within an organization
- Demonstrable proficiency with the MS Office suite along with MS Project
- Salesforce application development experience preferred
- Oracle application development experience preferred
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $55.00 - $65.00 per hour