Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
- 10 hours ago
As THE leader in transit technology, Clever Devices' vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of exciting technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world. We are continuing to grow, and are looking for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer.
Clever Devices is growing and in turn is seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to join our Technology and Communications department. In this position, the Sr Embedded Systems Engineer will be working on our Radio and Wireless Technology products.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. Master’s degree a plus. Credentials such as Network+, Security+, CCNA, CCSE, etc. welcomed.
- 10+ years experience developing embedded systems using real time kernels, OpenWrt, Ubuntu (Core) and/or Alpine Linux, FreeRTOS. Experience writing linux device drivers for chip level operations and device level operatons is welcomed.
- Language experience shall include C, C++, C#, Python, Java or other contemporary languages.
- Ability to translate design documents into coding requirements, troubleshoot Ethernet/packet based networks and shall have a working knowledge of signal generators, oscilloscopes, digital logic analyzers and network sniffers with plug-ins such as WireShark.
- Experience developing 3rd party interface solutions for LMR land mobile radio platforms from Motorola, Tait, Harris or Kenwood is welcomed.
- Experience with commercial cellular data or two-way radio equipment (either point to point or point to multipoint) such as mobile DMVPN, MVPN, RoIP, VoIP, Motorola P25 or TETRA solutions is preferred.
- Ability to work with various types of engineers (software, hardware, systems and QA).
- Superior written and verbal skills are paramount and the ability to interface with both management and customers is required
In addition, the candidate must have a pride in workmanship with the ability to ensure the products being deployed at customer sites are quality deployments and configured correctly the first time. The candidate we are looking for is self-motivated and comfortable with self-direction and has extreme pride in workmanship. The candidate will go the extra mile to ensure our customers are satisfied and their needs are met. They will work well both independently and within a group environment.
Travel to customer sites and various company facilities is required on occasion and travel is expected when required to resolve customer problems.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Clever Devices
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?