Performs resident care activities and related non-professional nursing services under the
direction of the Supervisor to provide quality care of residents.
1. Provides individualized attention and nursing care in accordance with resident
Care Plan which includes communicating, assistance with grooming, bathing, oral
hygiene, turning, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic
appliances, transferring, ambulation, and range of motion, as appropriate.
2. Observes and reports changes in resident conditions to Supervisor.
3. Performs tasks assigned by Supervisor including vital signs, residents' weights,
applying non-prescription creams/ointments, and collecting specimens..
4. Escorts residents to dining room, assists with feeding, and verifies meal
5. Passes supplements, snacks, and fluids to residents per protocol and schedule and
6. Maintains clean, neat and organized work environment.
7. Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures,
hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports
missing items to Supervisor per protocol.
8. Answers resident call lights promptly and courteously.
9. Assists with orienting residents and their families to the nursing home upon
10. Escorts residents to appointments, including beauty shop, activities, church
services, and participates in activities and functions as directed.
11. Completes certified nursing assistant electronic records, documenting care
provided and other information in accordance with Facility policy and procedures.
12. Participates in the training and orientation of new staff by demonstrating a
positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
13. Identifies and appropriately responds to potential and/or actual behavioral
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Facility.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and supports an atmosphere which allows for
the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
OSHA and safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices,
established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or
correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
4. Adheres to:
a. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations
b. HIPAA regulations
c. Quality Assurance requirements and compliance with regulatory
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment
free from sexual harassment and illegal and discriminatory behavior.
e. Code of Conduct and Compliance Program when performing work
5. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and completes
job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance,
uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work
duties as assigned.
f. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a
positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
6. Immediately reports incidents of alleged resident abuse or neglect or alleged
violations of residents' rights to Director of Nursing or Executive Director.
7. Knowledgeable of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and
geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive and socialization factors) in planning
delivery of care.
8. Maintains current practice standards or changes by participating in educational
opportunities provided by the Facility and outside resources.
Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but
which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances. Performs
other work duties as assigned.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must hold current
Nursing Assistant Certification in state employed.
A.D.A ((Americans with Disabilities Act)(as amended)) REQUIREMENTS: Must be
able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and walk and stand for most of the working day. Requires
manual dexterity sufficient to provide hands-on care to residents as well as to operate
standard office machines such as fax, telephone, etc. Requires normal range of hearing
and vision. Must be free from communicable diseases that pose a "direct threat" to the
health or safety of others and which cannot be eliminated by a reasonable
accommodation. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and transfer and transport
residents. Must be able to carry and transport supplies. Must be able to pass a post-offer,
pre-employment physical health examination as a condition of employment. Must be
capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
Skill(s): Must possess proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; decision-making skills, basic
computer skills; and be able to operate various medical and office equipment, auditory
and visual skills.. Must demonstrate knowledge of safety techniques. Must be able to
communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient
communication skills to perform the tasks required.
Experience: A minimum of three months' prior nursing assistant experience in long-term
Receipt and Acknowledgment
I acknowledge and understand that:
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor
an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
The job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am
employed. The contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I
know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or
without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to
inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as
compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Facility.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Cleveland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC