Ballpark Tour Guide
- Expired: January 12, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Guardians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide fans and visitors with safe, informative and enjoyable tours of Progressive Field.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
- Communicate accurate information of Progressive Field and the Cleveland Guardians in a professional and effective manner.
- Be knowledgeable of the Tour Guide Script and ask questions when unsure.
- Attend to Guests’ needs, requests, and questions quickly and professionally.
- Know and understand the relevant policies and procedures of the Cleveland Guardians Charities, Progressive Field, and The Cleveland Guardians.
- Ensure any problem or concern a guest may have is handled quickly, professionally, and with a positive result.
- Monitor and implement policies and procedures when needed in a polite and respectful manner.
- Provide assistance and attention to Guests with disabilities and special needs.
- Monitor the cleanliness of the ballpark and report any spills or issues.
- Attentively listen to all Guests and answer questions and/or concerns.
- Solve any Guest problem or concern through established means.
- Document any accidents/incidents on an Incident Card and report them to the Supervisor.
- Attend required trainings and orientations prior to the start of the season
- Assist others in all departments when assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Friendly, outgoing, and personable
- Ability to speak loudly in front of a group of 50 people
- Ability to to walk through the Ballpark and utilize stairs for up to a 4-hour long period
- Aptitude for selling
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 25 lbs.
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups - including women and people of color - are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed above, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Cleveland Indians - Baseball Operations
2401 Ontario StreetCleveland, OH
Get fresh Work From Home Zipline Tour Guide jobs daily straight to your inbox!