Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Secretary, Partners Physician Group, coordinates the patient flow through various steps of the patient visit in a manner which is efficient and professional, and provides clerical assistance to the physician. The Secretary, Partners Physician Group, greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors; serves as a liaison between patient and physician.
- Answers phones for the practice.
- Verifies patient demographic and billing information while scheduling appointments and obtaining referral information.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, screens calls, takes messages, provides information, and follows up on patient issues in a timely manner.
- Determines patient needs and concerns regarding medical problems, appointments, tests and medications.
- Coordinates appointments and meetings for physicians.
- Acts as a liaison and processes forms for outside agencies such as drug companies, hospitals, nursing services and pharmacies.
- Updates the electronic medical record according to EPIC guidelines. Scans lab, test and procedure results into EPIC as directed.
- Schedules patient appointments, diagnostic testing and procedures ordered by the physician.
- Insures that appropriate referrals and precertifications/authorizations are obtained and entered correctly into the EMR.
- Coordinates patient care activities relating to hospital admissions. Coordinates physician surgery and/or procedure scheduling at hospitals and ambulatory centers.
- Under the supervision of the physician, communicates with patients and pharmacies over the telephone regarding medications.
- Collects copays and account balances and accurately enters these into the practice management software (CORE). Balances (CORE) daily.
- Works with physician, receptionist, coding coordinator, and/or billing department to resolve patient inquiries and billing and/or coding questions.
- Reviews EPIC work queues daily and processes changes/corrections as required.
- Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other correspondence as needed.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent. Completion of Medical Assistant training or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred but not required.
- Excellent written verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Competent with computer software including practice management systems and windows applications.
- Medical terminology and one year work experience in medical office setting preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities