The Cleveland Clinic, one of the world?s most distinguished academic medical centers in the U.S., announces a search for a Chair of the Department of Dermatology for Cleveland Clinic Florida Weston. The Dermatology department in Florida is aligned with the Dermatology & Plastic Surgery Institute in Ohio.
The Chair will be responsible for overall leadership of the department, including operational, fiscal, academic, and quality improvement functions. The department chair will work with the Florida center director of medical specialties and the Ohio institute chair to develop, implement and monitor care-pathways and research and educational programs throughout CC Florida sites.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
- Embrace the clinical culture of Patients First and focus on Access, Quality, Safety and Patient Experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience of successfully managing and mentoring physicians and non physicians
- Develop regional alliances/networks and actively participate in CC Florida strategic planning
- Lead the department into national and international recognition as a tertiary care resource
- Mentor staff and trainees to participate in leadership roles in dermatology societies
- Outstanding communication skills to foster alignment with the Dermatology & Plastic Surgery Institute and the CC Florida leadership team with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary care
- Grow and develop the Dermatology strategic service lines including Mohs Surgery
- A faculty appointment at a rank commensurate with experience is available at Florida Atlantic University and Florida International University.
Staff within the Dermatology Department enjoy the unique opportunity for program and professional development while maintaining a robust connection to the clinical, research and administrative infrastructure of the Cleveland Clinic Health System. Patient care, research, and teaching commitments will be balanced by candidates' professional interests and program needs. Academic appointments and research program development are available and encouraged.
Cleveland Clinic is a multi-specialty medical complex and regional health care system connected via common EMR and PACS system. Cleveland Clinic's institute model concentrates expertise into functional patient oriented disease-based centers to maximize delivery of patient care, collaboration and discovery.
This position commands a competitive salary enhanced by an attractive benefits package including medical malpractice coverage.
Interested candidates, please apply online - include a current CV and cover letter with your application.
For more information please visit our website:
Cleveland Clinic Florida ranked #1 in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metropolitan area in the 2018-2019 annual survey of best hospitals by US News & World Report.