The Cleveland Clinic Florida is looking to add a Registered Nurse Educator to our ICU team. This position would be located in Weston Florida, details are below:
Registered Nurse Educator Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, directs and evaluates educational needs for the clinical care area(s) assigned.
- Provides educational programs based on the needs identified in the clinical care area.
- Develops/modifies the clinical orientation program of all new nurses, including cross training to the different areas as designated.
- Ensures that the educational needs of all shifts are addressed. Ensures competency of staff by serving as resource by assisting in the development of individual nurses to maintain staff competency.
- Assists nursing staff with assessment of patient/family care/educational needs on selected cases and collaborates with nursing staff and other health care professionals to meet identified needs.
- Participates in the development/evaluation of Patient Education/discharge planning aspects of care.
- Assists with the development and implementation of nursing intervention and patient care strategy.
- Utilizes knowledge of the developmental levels of the patient and age related factors in order to support staff through education to care for these patients. Interprets, evaluates and communicates pertinent research findings to nursing staff through in-services and scheduled programs regarding issues in Patient and Family Care.
- Presents formal and informal education to the nursing staff, patients and family in clinical setting.
- Presents classes related to clinical specialization to staff, students and other health care professionals as needs are identified.
- Ensures the education requirements for Governing Board/Regulatory Agencies are met.
- Collaborates with Nurse Directors, Infection Control, Quality Improvement Director, physicians, and other health care professionals to identify educational needs and provide online education support to clinical staff.
- Serves on other committees or task force, participates in professional organizations in order to expand knowledge base and develop professional contacts.
Registered Nurse Educator Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Active RN Licensure
- Preferred Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) and Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
Registered Nurse Educator Experience:
- Educational experience 2-5 years within nursing
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing in critical care
- Experience in the development of educational programs required
Cleveland Clinic Florida, located in Weston, West Palm Beach, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Parkland, Coral Springs, is a not-for-profit, multi-specialty, academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Cleveland Clinic Florida has 250 physicians with expertise in 55 specialties. The medical campus is fully integrated and includes diagnostic centers, outpatient surgery and a newly expanded 24-hour emergency department located in the state-of-the-art hospital.