Job Relationship: Reports to Facilities Coordinator
Position Summary: Assists Facilities Coordinator with facility and grounds maintenance at the APL.. Performs janitorial, landscaping and snow removal duties. Monitors storage rooms and in-kind donation processing.
Essential Job Functions:
Provides optimal janitorial services
- Performs daily cleaning duties within public indoor areas and staff break room, bathroom cleaning, sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trash cans
- Performs daily cleaning duties of public outdoor areas, emptying trash cans, sweeping entrance
- Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies
- Maintains clean and orderly storage areas
- Stocks areas and spot-cleans public areas throughout the day
- Responsible for replacing consumable items such as toilet paper and towels when needed
Provides quality facility and grounds maintenance
- Keeps grounds free of clutter, unwanted donations, discarded items
- Maintains snow removal from sidewalks and public areas as requested
- Performs landscaping duties as requested
Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Performs animal care support
- Follows all safety guidelines to ensure a safe work environment for staff and visitors and a safe living environment for animals.
- Informs supervisor of any safety concern or noncompliance of safety rules that could put an employee, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk.
- Represents the APL in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Provides quality service to customers, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization
- Actively promotes the APL programs and events to clients and volunteers
- Refers clients to appropriate staff for service
- Assists with accepting in-kind donations
- Promotes communication and cooperation between APL departments
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must possess an Ohio’s driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- Able to read and understand instructions
- Able to work with disinfectants, and cleaning supplies
- Able to operate vacuum, floor polisher, buffer
- Able to perform physical work: scrubbing, mopping, bending, lifting, walking and standing for up to 10 hours a day, lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Able to work around animals
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks
- Knowledge of safety programs helpful
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow instructions
- Able to prioritize and perform duties efficiently and effectively
Exposure to all weather conditions; exposure to animals, high noise levels, zoonotic diseases, and cleaning agents. Work shifts are spent walking, standing, bending, and sitting. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds with assistance.
FLSA: Full time, hourly, non-exempt
Competitive compensation based on experience. Eligible for major medical, dental, vision, paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance, matching retirement plan, optional cafeteria insurance plans, paid holidays, PTO for both vacation and sick time.
Cleveland APL Employment Opportunities:
Applying via standard mail:
Send resume and application to:
Cleveland Animal Protective League
ATTN: HR Manager
1729 Willey Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113
Application Form (PDF format)
EEOC: The Cleveland APL is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.