Performs a range of clerical duties with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail for the Public Access and Jury Unit. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers related to access and research of public records, cashiering transactions, handling a wide variety of customers, and/or processing jurors for the courts. Additional duties may be assigned as they relate to the mission of the organization.
- Performing clerical duties for department
- Answers telephone calls promptly
- Assists in mail distribution
- Retrieves information for record requests and searches from the Case Management Application(s)
- Serves as cashier for payments received at the customer service counter as well as payments received by mail (in accordance with standard operating procedures).
- Jury Management
- Determines jurors required and provides notifications and postings
- Adheres to and follows the principles of the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
High School degree, or GED equivalent, is required. Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) or Associates Degree in Business or Criminal Justice preferred.
Five years of customer service or clerical experience required. Cashiering experience preferred.
Input data into various computer programs
Use Windows-based software programs
Type 30 words per minute on a keyboard
Ability to consistently use excellent oral and written communication with internal and external customers. Customer base consists of the general public, local and State government agencies, and employees of the Clerk's office and the Board of County Commissioners. Job requires the employee to be able to handle diverse tasks simultaneously.
Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment