Clēnera, LLC is looking to fill a full-time Utility-Scale Project Developer at our Boise, Idaho office. The qualified candidate must bring cross-functional leadership and industry expertise to fulfil the responsibilities outlined below:
• Lead cross-functional team for assigned development projects and related activities of utility scale solar projects, including facilitating or guiding a team of professionals (internal and external) in various functional areas throughout the project’s development lifecycle.
• Relationship management of key stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle, including landowners, permitting agencies, regulatory authorities, interconnection utilities, and PPA off takers.
• Create and manage project schedule and development budget to coordinate internal and external stakeholders with respect to completing all development milestones relating to PPA, interconnection, permitting, site control, and real estate curative work to prepare projects for financing requirements and NTP for construction.
• Collaborate cross functionally regarding resource allocation, problem identification and resolution, and related development complexities to ensure project milestones are achieved.
• Fulfill and/or oversee activities specific to real estate, title, environmental and permitting.
o For example, conduct analysis of title documentation; identify permitting requirements and facilitate the permit process; extract and manage mitigation measures for permitting and environmental requirements; act as liaison to environmental consultants; ensure deadlines and requirements are met; and related responsibilities.
• Protect the financial results of development projects, to include evaluation of financial model feasibility, negotiating terms/conditions of project-related expenses, providing insight on project financials, and delivering results in alignment to financial projections.
• Conduct project due diligence and provide risk analysis to business development and origination teams on potential project acquisition opportunities.
• Interact with local, state and federal permitting agencies and taxing jurisdictions.
• Coordinate internal and external legal departments in reviewing and/or drafting land agreements (lease and purchase agreements, easements), title due diligence, and consultant services agreements.
• Responsible for permit compliance (during the development and construction phases), including compliance with all conditions of approval, mitigation, and avoidance measures.
• Provide project development feedback to business development team in an effort to assist in responding to RFP solicitations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or industry equivalent; advanced degree preferred
• 7+ years of industry-related or transferable experience
• Proven project management expertise handling complex, multiple-stakeholder projects, including ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve problems
• Ability to lead cross-functional project team and facilitate problem solving, resource allocation, and financial impacts of assigned projects
• Experience in permitting, environmental or real estate development fields
• Proven ability to effectively lead complex and/or multiple projects through the development lifecycle
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills-7
• Strong financial understanding of project costs, profits, resources, and other applicable inputs into project financial models
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
Clenera. LLCClēnera, LLC is an end-to-end utility scale solar development and asset management service provider headquartered in Boise, Idaho. Clenera utilizes the deep solar expertise of its leadership and professional team to identify the industry’s best projects and then manage those projects from pre-construction acquisition through construction and into commercial operations. We are adding to our growing team that is recognized for its integrity, professionalism, and expertise in the solar industry. Clenera offers a friendly and fun working environment along with an excellent benefits package. Come join our team!