SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Perform wide range of land acquisition responsibilities for both greenfield development and acquisition purposes including analyzing the viability of raw land for solar.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed)*
• Perform wide range of land acquisition responsibilities for both greenfield development and acquisition purposes including analyzing the viability of raw land for solar.
• Develop relationships of trust with landowners through phone, written and in person communication.
• Assess and improve current land acquisition process and internal review process of parcel. Provide guidance to land management team on industry best practices.
• Create and lead process for land valuation in new markets
• Develop and maintain professional network for evaluation of land in new markets.
• Educate landowners on company interest in leasing land and our process of developing a parcel into a solar facility.
• Document all pertinent communications with landowners in database system and organize all information using prescribed organizational methods.
• Negotiate with the landowner to obtain a lease or purchase option on their property, including high-profile landowners and sophisticated or complex initiatives.
• Research and document leases, rights-of-way, joint ventures and other solar agreements.
• Coordinate with local, county, state and federal officials and direct in-house title in gathering, analyzing title reports, surveys, environmental studies, geo-tech studies, topography and land use permitting, reviewing easements and right of ways.
• Organize with legal counsel and contracts department to complete lease and purchase documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 8+ years’ experience in real estate and land acquisition
• Expertise in bare land greenfield development
• Experience negotiating contracts and contract compliance
• Working knowledge of chain of title programs as well as Tax Maps, topo maps and property deeds
• Preferred skills: familiarity/knowledge of general land parcels and agricultural land development, experience with negotiating contracts, phone sales, working knowledge of chain of title programs
• GIS knowledge preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and customer/stakeholder relationship skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (physical, environmental, travel, etc.)
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this position. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. “Ability” means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The organization maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion.
Clenera. LLCClēnera, LLC is an end-to-end utility scale solar development and asset management service provider headquartered in Boise, Idaho. Clenera utilizes the deep solar expertise of its leadership and professional team to identify the industry’s best projects and then manage those projects from pre-construction acquisition through construction and into commercial operations. We are adding to our growing team that is recognized for its integrity, professionalism, and expertise in the solar industry. Clenera offers a friendly and fun working environment along with an excellent benefits package. Come join our team!