SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Develop, administer and maintain compliance program designed to meet the generator owner requirements of NERC, and related regulatory entities for growing portfolio of photovoltaic power plants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
• Work collaboratively with project stakeholders and 3rd party subject matter experts on all activities related to renewable energy NERC requirements and foster a culture of compliance across the organization.
• Evaluate, interpret, NERC reliability standards and related regulatory regimes and communicate compliance obligations of PV power plant owners to operating teams, senior managers, and projects owners and investors.
• Structure and maintain applicable compliance related standard operating procedures, data logs, and evidence files.
• Evaluate offerings of, contract with, and evaluate performance of third-party vendors providing regulatory advisory services and engineering services in support of regulatory compliance programs to ensure compliance obligations are met on attractive commercial terms.
• Develop and maintain annual compliance budgets for power plants
• Provide input to contract development with O&M providers and EPC providers to streamline gathering of compliance evidence
• Identify and ensure compliance with all regulatory filing and reporting obligations.
• Coordinate across the organization and with a variety of stakeholders (utilities, offtakers, financial partners, etc.) to ensure regulatory compliance
• Lead response to any Regional Entity and related NERC compliance audits and data requests ensuring accurate, professional responses are submitted when due.
• Train relevant stake holders in support of compliance program
• Conduct mock audits to ensure compliance programs are audit ready at all times
• Develop and maintain positive, constructive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Occasional travel to project sites and possible industry forums.
• Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience
• 5 years regulatory compliance experience with NERC Reliability Standards.
• Strong independent, interpretation and quantitative skills required with the capability to track evolving regulatory regimes and understand and communicate how exiting and expected compliance obligations impact plant operations and financial results.
• Demonstrated familiarity with:
o NERC Reliability Standards
o Power plant design and electrical drawings
o Power plant technical data
o Power plant engineering studies
o Power plant physical security
o Power plant cyber security.
• Excellent writing and critical thinking skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of electric utility system operations and electricity market structures
• Prior power plant regulatory experience required.
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships, both internally and with external project stakeholders
• Problem solving skills, ability to work through complex problems
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, with previous spreadsheet/database experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, relationship building skills, and the ability and desire to work with others to achieve a common goal
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines and projects
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (physical, environmental, travel, etc.)
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
• Occasional work-related travel