SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Oversee assigned renewable energy projects to include oversight of operations and representation of project needs and performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
• Oversee assigned renewable energy projects to include oversight of operations and representation of project needs and performance.
• Work collaboratively with project stakeholders on all activities related to renewable energy project asset management.
• Evaluate, interpret, and communicate PV plant performance data to identify operational issues, analyze alternatives, and propose solutions. Maintain applicable data and logs.
• Evaluate performance of projects, evaluate cost/benefits of potential solutions, and propose resolutions to optimize financial performance (operation, contractual, systems, etc.).
• Identify and ensure compliance with all contractual and regulatory filing obligations.
• Optimize existing portfolio and collaborate with development and construction teams on plant design optimization in order to improve effectiveness of future projects.
• Fulfill contract management responsibilities of key project documents (i.e., O&M, warranties, PPA, IA, land use, operating agreements, etc.).
• Create and review monthly operating reports with respect to regulatory compliance, contract requirements, and plant performance.
• Coordinate across the organization and with a variety of stakeholders (utilities, offtakers, financial partners, etc.) to ensure optimal performance.
• Develop and maintain positive, constructive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Occasional travel to project sites.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or commensurate professional experience
• 5 years of energy and/or related technical experience.
• Strong independent, interpretation and quantitative skills required with the capability to track and understand details of how physical and financial performance inter-relate
• Demonstrated familiarity with legal contracts, financing documents, technical data, PV solar plant design and operations
• Excellent financial analysis skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of electric utility system operations and electricity market structures
• Prior Solar Asset Management experience a plus
• CAISO, NERC, FERC regulatory experience a plus
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships, both internally and with external project stakeholders
• Problem solving skills, ability to work through complex problems
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, with previous spreadsheet/database experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, relationship building skills, and the ability and desire to work with others to achieve a common goal
• Familiarity with accounting, contract negotiation, and financial modeling
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines and projects
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (physical, environmental, travel, etc.)
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
• Occasional travel to project sites
Clenera. LLCClēnera, LLC is an end-to-end utility scale solar development and asset management service provider headquartered in Boise, Idaho. Clenera utilizes the deep solar expertise of its leadership and professional team to identify the industry’s best projects and then manage those projects from pre-construction acquisition through construction and into commercial operations. We are adding to our growing team that is recognized for its integrity, professionalism, and expertise in the solar industry. Clenera offers a friendly and fun working environment along with an excellent benefits package. Come join our team!