- $40,000 to $50,000 Yearly
We are seeking an energetic Property Manager for our extensive apartment portfolio in the Kansas City Midtown area. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills. You must have an aptitude for technology and a firm grasp of social media for marketing purposes.
If you work well with others and understand job responsibility and the capacity to follow-up and follow-through, you are who we are looking for to join our dynamic Property Management team.
- Salary is competitive and as an entrepreneurial company, we provide a path for significant career growth and development. Background screening and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Full-time Shift(s): Monday -- Friday 9-6 / Saturday 10-4 and Flexible hours offered
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Continuing Education
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted, and deposited in a timely manner using an online remote deposit. Monitor outstanding balances for residents and notice accordingly in line with late and delinquent rent process;
- Obtain Construction Transition Document from Construction Manager for completed projects that must be transitioned to the Property Management department and register property in Property Management Software;
- Conduct Take Over Transitions (Collecting leases, receiving keys, and managing utilities) for 3rd party properties, complete Takeover Checklist, and register property in Property Management Software;
- Periodically review rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures;
- Ensures property files and records are maintained and cataloged into Property Management Software;
- Monitor outstanding balances for residents and perform evictions, utility cut-offs and notice accordingly in line with late and delinquent rent process;
- Ensure that Accounts Payable invoices are coded properly and submitted to the accountant for payment;
- Initiate ‘Make-Ready’ process in Property Management Software and update Make-Ready Board to indicate property vacancy status’s and scheduled move-outs regularly;
- Review and monitor “make ready” list on a weekly basis for timely turnover of vacancies;
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis;
- Process all move-outs including refunds and charges;
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management including calls, emails, and personal interactions;
- Walkthrough of properties monthly to improve the overall resident experience with Clemons, by suggesting site and service improvements and/or upgrades;
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e. renewals, pest control, special projects, bad weather, emergency, etc.);
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance;
- Ensure all notices to vacate are logged in Property Management Software accurately, and determine the cause of the move-out and vacate date and report to Director of Property Management;
- Provide back up for leasing staff- answer calls, set appointments and show inventory when necessary;
- Alert residents when lease renewal is required, and facilitate renewal process with residents;
- Follow-up on completed work orders to ensure resident satisfaction, as schedule allows;
- Compiles and submits Property Owner Reports to Property Owners monthly.
- Critical thinker
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Team player
- Client-facing (customer service) and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office
- Communication / Marketing skills desirable
High school diploma required
Associates /BA Degree desired
NALP designation desired
CAM designation desired
Three (3) years’ prior experience in Property Management industry.
Reports to Regional/District Manager
Clemons Real Estate, LLCKansas City, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.