Client Service Associate
- Expired: January 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Client Service Associate at our downtown Portland, ME Trust company. This position completes a wide range of administrative duties under the direction of Director, Operations as well as works closely with Trust Officer to provide direct service to Trust Company clients.
- Coordinate investment account transactions such as opening and closing brokerage accounts, transferring assets, money movement, charitable gifting, trust distributions, reconciliations, and general account administration
- Communicates directly with clients to research and solve client issues
- Assists in the scheduling of client meetings, and the coordination and finalization of client meeting materials
- Coordinates tax return process with client and outside service provider
- Update pricing and complete memo ticklers
- Performs regulatory account reviews
- Acts as back-up to other administrative functions in the company
- Assists in office organization, filing, scanning of documents to the client directory and electronic file creation
- Serve as backup to Office Administrator to professionally answers all incoming calls and directs to the appropriate employee
- Prepares daily bank reconciliations including processing distribution requests and posting transactions
- Prepares weekly share reconciliation
- Runs and distributes weekly memo ticklers
- Posts purchase and sales
- Posts dividends and interest
- Processes money movement from client and vendor accounts
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Completes other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- 2-5 years of related experience at an investment management firm, accounting firm or financial institution
- Knowledge of investment-related operational procedures including data entry
- Ability to work under strict time deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment where time management, attention to detail, follow-through and meeting deadlines are critical
- Strong computer proficiency (e.g. Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook)
- Strong client orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong team player
Clearstead Trust is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from individuals from all diverse backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The qualified candidate can expect:
- A flat, bureaucracy-free organizational structure that fosters creative thinking and involvement at all levels of the organization
- The opportunity to join a growing employee-owned firm that offers professional growth in an industry that is both dynamic and intellectually challenging
- An opportunity to work with high-profile private clients and institutions across the country
- A competitive base salary with an incentive bonus program
- 401(k) Savings plan with company contributions
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-term disability insurances
- Generous paid time off program
We are Clearstead Trustproviding the highest standards of fiduciary oversight, investment management advice, and trust services in a secure and enduring manner.
In collaboration with our parent company, Clearstead Advisors, Clearstead Trust maintains a due diligence process whose purpose is to identify high-quality investments that meet our thoughtfully determined growth targets and safety standards in an objective manner. We then combine these carefully selected investment opportunities with our high-quality fiduciary and planning services.
Simply put, Clearstead Trust wants to be positioned to look out for our clients best interest at every turn in the road.
Clearstead is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
BusinessView all jobs at Clearstead Advisors