Software Quality Assurance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About ClearStar: ClearStar, Inc. is a leading provider of Human Capital Integrity℠ technology-based services specializing in background and medical screening. The company offers employers valuable employment intelligence to support better recruiting and decision making by increasing the quality, reliability, and visibility of information. A rapidly growing, seven-time Inc. 5000 honoree, and founding member of the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA, formerly NAPBS), ClearStar has provided innovative technology solutions to businesses in the human capital management industry for over 25 years. Since 2020, ClearStar has been a portfolio company of Hanover Investor Management, a London-based private equity firm focused on accelerating growth, leveraging decades of experience enabling companies to take advantage of market opportunities.
Location: This is remote position for an East or Central Time Zone based candidate.
In this role, you'll become a member of our Software team, while setting up all of the necessary tools, documentation, and test plans for a successful QA team. If you think of yourself as a bug hunter extraordinaire, and are capable of finding defects that no one else even considers, this is the job for you! ScrumMaster Experience is a major plus for this role a well.
As a Manager of Software Quality Assurance, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing a team of QA employees
- Oversee the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Build and maintain quality automation using tools such as Selenium or Cypress.
- Automate quality for current testing processes.
- Work with the Product Manger to analyze JIRA backlog items by project to identify common root causes or associations, perform efficient item grouping and assignment.
- Develop, implement, and manage processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicate quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinate product testing processes.
- Participate in product testing.
- Identify and analyze issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Review client, customer, and user feedback.
What you Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or field related to the products being developed required or related experience.
- Five plus years of experience in related field required with supervisory experience a plus.
- Scrum Master skills a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Remote work qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection.
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available for this role.
Get fresh Software Assurance Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!