Sr. Security Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Senior Security\Telecom Technician’s primary responsibility is to provide project leadership as well as perform maintenance and installation for all Clear Connection, Inc. of Hardwired or Wireless, Intrusion Detection, Access Control, Video Surveillance Systems, Fire Dialers and Associated peripherals, such as, WAPs, Wireless Bridges, Biometric readers etc.. Certification is required.
· Lead all jobs that require access, intrusion, and video
· Ensure the technicians are performing necessary tasks
· Liaison with the customers on security projects
· Upgrading & Installing systems
· Cabling | Toning and Testing
· Camera Installation \Programming and Alignment
· Troubleshooting connection problems
· Programming of intrusion
· Programming of Access Control
· Zone programming and testing
· Installing and configuring applications
· Modifying user accounts/email settings/profiles
· Troubleshooting; hardware and software
· Testing with local municipality (when required)
· Work with vendors to troubleshoot issues
· Repair/Installation/Tagging/Testing of all necessary cabling.
· Working knowledge of zoning and municipality requirements.
· Training customer on applications.
· Updating all internal systems as required.
· Continual online training of access control and intrusion solutions.
· Basic telephony skills
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Education: Minimum of a High school degree.
- Cat5, Cat6, Coax cabling installation and testing.
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs
- Brivo access control
- Hikvision, ONSSI, Pelco, AXIS camera systems
- Honeywell, GE intrusion
- Must possess basic diagnostic skills. Desired candidate should be able to troubleshoot from beginning to end and provide detailed information on resolution.
- Desired candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a team player, self starter with excellent customer service focus.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications.
- Ability to update all ticketing, dispatch and project tracking tools daily.
- Valid Drivers License
Additional Skills (a plus but not required)
- Layer 2 and 3 networking knowledge a plus.
- Fire and Elevator panel/requirements a plus
- Electrician licensing a plus
Real EstateView all jobs at Clear Connection
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?