Senior IT Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The IT Engineer primary responsibility is to provide maintenance and installation for Clear Connection, Inc. products and services systems, such as Desktop installation, upgrade and maintenance, Server installation, upgrade and maintenance, Firewall, installation, upgrade and maintenance, Wireless installation, upgrade and maintenance, Certification in one or more of these systems is preferable. The senior engineer will provide service coverage at our customer site(s). The senior engineer is also responsible for CCI’s internal network as well as the networking of very large customer network/security projects.
Internal Network Design and Support
· Maintain all CCI infrastructure, recommending preferred network infrastructure
· Responsible for CCI data center
· Responsible for all internal network upgrades
· Responsible for all backups and backup integrity
· Backup setup / testing
· Maintain internal/external DNS records
· Maintain Active Directory tree; accounts, OU’s, scripts, etc.
· Maintain Certificate for SSL (VeriSign and internal CA)
· Create and Maintain detailed site documentation
· Maintain Servers and Communications Gear (Replacement)
· Server troubleshooting; hardware and software
· Network/Firewall/VPN modifications
· Server Patches
· Domain wide Antivirus updates
· Exchange related tasks such as defrag
· Event log review
· Disk defrag and Scandisk
· Maintain 3rd party software
IT Consulting :
· Analyze Infrastructure
· Find inefficiencies and correct
· Make IT recommendations that will show a higher client ROI
· Analyze client industry & competition to create competitive advantage
Large Client Proposal Support:
· Train Tier 1 / Tier 2 / Tier 3/ Engineers
· Sales Staff to help with the sales process
· Staff on overall understanding to help with the sales and support
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Education: Minimum of a High school degree.
- Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs
- Must be able to install Operating Systems on Bare Bones Servers (Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
Windows Desktops XP, 7, 8, 10 Linux (Cent OS), .
- Knowledge of HP ProCurve Switches, ADTran Routers, Sonicwall Firewalls, Routing Protocols, VLANS
- Knowledge of VoIP environment.
- Must possess basic diagnostic skills. Desired candidate should be able to troubleshoot from beginning to end and provide detailed information on resolution.
- Desired candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a team player, self-starter with excellent customer service focus.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications.
- Ability to update all ticketing, dispatch and project tracking tools daily.
- Valid Drivers License
Additional Skills (a plus but not required)
- Upgrading & Installing new workstations
- Troubleshooting workstations, printer, connection problems
- Configuring profiles and other user specific requirements
- Installing and configuring applications
- Software Patches
- Modifying user accounts/email settings/profiles
- Understanding of Virtualization Technologies (HyperV and VMWare)
TechnologyView all jobs at Clear Connection
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?