Clear Cannabis Inc. is currently seeking an experienced internal Staff Accountant to join our growing team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing daily accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger functions, as well as maintaining accounting systems and financial reports.
Clear Cannabis Inc. is experiencing rapid growth in the Cannabis industry. In addition to technical qualifications, it is imperative the Staff Accountant understand the intricacies of this up-and-coming industry. Although industry experience is not required, all candidates are encouraged to educate themselves about industry-specific regulations, tax implications, financial institution environment, etc.
In addition to account job duties, you will also be responsible for administration job functions. The Staff Accountant will perform daily responsibilities related to logistics and shipping with 3rd party vendors, processing returns, receive inventory and METRC system assistance.
The Accounting Department of Clear Cannabis Inc. is alongside the growth of the organization. As such, this position has the potential to grow and change tremendously. We are in search of an ambitious, dedicated individual who can grow with us and who will become equally as passionate about the success of our organization as he/she is about his/her personal career potential.
Staff Accountant Roles and Responsibilities
· Daily sync and reconciliation between various systems, including but not limited to Salesforce, Locate, Mineral Tree and QuickBooks Online
· Daily entry and maintenance of Accounts Payable invoices and other records
· Daily entry of both cash and check receipts and maintenance of customer account balances
· Supervise daily and weekly cashier procedures at our Marijuana-Infused Product (MIP) location
· Assist with customer credit application process and follow up on past-due invoices as needed
· Weekly cash reconciliation and forecasting
· Maintenance of intercompany accounts for eight related entities
· Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
· Assist with monthly financial reporting
· Maintenance of accurate accounting records for clients as requested
Administration Roles and Responsibilities
· Daily interaction and scheduling of all 3rd party couriers
· Intake of all payments
· Intake of all visitors and temporary staff
· Process return orders through METRC and Locate
· Vendor Management; intake all vendor deliveries, order reconciliation
· METRC assistance when needed
· Employee onsite contact for HR matters
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· 1-2 years of hands-on Accounting experience
· Proficient in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel; ability to quickly learn other software platforms
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage competing priorities
· Strict attention to detail; highly organized and efficient