The Senior Programmer/Developer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes wireframing, coding, testing, and analyzing web-based software programs and applications. The Senior Programmer/Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This individual will also provide mentoring, support and guidance to the Junior Programmer/Analyst’s roles.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with the CTO, junior Programmer/Analyst and the graphic designer in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, implementation, and version tracking.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience building database driven web applications.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and beta testing plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Full stack development experience putting together quick Proof Of Concept's for innovative mobile
- Expert ability to debug and diagnose problems in mobile environments.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging
- Experience designing and developing REST Applications or other integration of mobile with backend
- Knowledge and experience with PHP, mySQL, jQuery, CSS, Swift, and custom apex solutions for Salesforce.