Mobile Diesel Mechanic
- Expired: August 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Opportunity:***Up To $5,000 Sign-On Bonus***
Our Henderson, CO location is looking for a Mobile Diesel Mechanic to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with routine maintenance, inspection, and repairing of all Clean Harbors vehicles at various branch locations and at times roadside. Technicians must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet DOT specifications at all times and properly fill out company forms (manually and electronically).
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- $22-$26/Hr. DOE;
- Overtime opportunities and weekly pay schedule;
- Annual boot allowance, as well as all PPE and uniforms provided;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options available!
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Use of company vehicle, cell phone and mobile computer;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as prescribed by management;
- Ability to perform thorough inspection of equipment and identify unsatisfactory condition;
- Assures that all equipment is properly secured prior to work/repairs, i.e. chock blocks, and jack stands;
- Travel to other locations to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment as required;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for tracking PM schedules;
- Perform compliance and safety inspections on company equipment and property as required by management;
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections, scheduled PM's and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts & replacement as necessary;
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Coordinate parts for mobile repair unit;
- Maintenance of all general repair equipment, and shop tools;
- Support and assist coworkers as needed during repair;
- Safe Operation of company owned vehicle at all times;
- Filling out and submitting all required documentation electronically in an accurate and timely manner;
- Maintain active light duty or DQ driver status as per mobile vehicle.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 4 + years of diesel truck repair experience required;
- Experience working with engines, chassis, drive-line, hydraulic systems, brakes, A/C systems, electronic systems required;
- Valid driver's license required, CDL license preferred;
- Brake Inspector Certification, DOT certified in FHWA Inspections and Air Brakes a requirement;
- Ability to travel within assigned territory (greater than 70% travel required);
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime as required;
- Certifications in related fields preferred (Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Allison, CAT, Eaton Fuller).
Join our team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at careers.cleanharbors.com
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Clean Harbors