Our Field Waste Chemist is responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and packaging of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our Field Waste Chemists also prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery at customer sites accross South Carolina and North Carolina with occasional overnight travel.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages (Hourly pay + OT)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Safe and compliant execution of labpack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of commercial products.
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle.
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science preferred
- Prior labpackaging or waste segregation highly preferred
- Class B CDL with Hazmat Edorsement preferred, or the ability to obtain one (Company reimbursement provided)
- Willing to travel overnight a few times a month
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.