Title: Investment Banking Associate
Function: Water Infrastructure Group
Location: San Francisco, CA
Clean Energy Capital is a specialized investment bank that advises water and energy infrastructure clients with a core focus on project finance.
Our water infrastructure team is advising leading California water agencies on some of the most innovative and ambitious water and wastewater recycling projects in the market today. Our clients are actively pursuing major projects involving ocean water desalination, water reuse, and groundwater replenishment and storage. Together with our clients, we are crafting regional solutions to water scarcity in the context of global climate change.
We help our municipal clients develop and execute plans of finance using a financial toolset including public-private partnerships, public-public partnerships, asset acquisition, and other forms of project financing. In addition, we advise our clients’ governing boards regarding the financial feasibility, affordability, and risks of major infrastructure investment.
Our growing business leads us to seek exceptional professionals with proven technical skills and a passion for project finance in the water infrastructure sector. The candidate we select will work directly with our firm’s founding Managing Director and will receive extensive job training and career development. We are open to water utility professionals with backgrounds other than finance who are eager to transition to a demanding investment banking environment.
- Build and maintain proforma financial models
- Develop plans of finance for major infrastructure projects
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Support negotiation of financial contracts
- Prepare rating agency and investor presentations
- Develop term sheets
- Some travel, primarily day-trips within California
To be considered for this unique and exceptional career opportunity, a candidate must have:
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the water utility sector
- Minimum 3 years of financial proforma modeling experience
- Exceptional mathematical aptitude
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and client relationship skills
- The candidate we select will be expected to pass the MRSB Series 50 examination
About Clean Energy Capital
Clean Energy Capital brings extensive experience in project finance, utilities investment banking, and municipal finance. We advise clients throughout the project development cycle from feasibility assessment through contract negotiations to financial closing.
Since it was founded in 2008, Clean Energy Capital has helped clients raise more than $16 billion in project financing. Our transactions have received deal-of-the-year awards from Project Finance, The Bond Buyer, and Global Water Intelligence.
Clean Energy Capital is headquartered in San Francisco, CA