Recycling Vendor Relations Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed, our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer service.
Every day Clean Earth takes a hands-on, dedicated approach to recycling and beneficially reusing waste that would otherwise go into landfills. Allow our team of experts to provide a customized waste disposal and recycling solution for your company, tailored to your needs, and your goals.Job Description
The Recycling Vendor Relations Specialist is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining strategic relationships with recycling and reuse vendors that purchase and process by-product and waste materials generated by our clients. Partner with Clean Earth Total Waste Solutions Operations and Commercial teams to build solutions to execute recycling, reuse, and waste minimization opportunities.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Develop & maintain strategic vendor network outlets for recycling, reuse, alternative use and commodities solutions
- Identify solutions needed and potential outlets for identified waste by-products
- Build national and regional capabilities where gaps exist in network
- Works to develop strategy, logistics, data capture, reporting and pricing for outlets
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor partners/recycling outlets
- Lead contract and service agreement development and discussions
- Establish and/or guide pricing discussions with vendors
- Serve as a liaison between Total Waste Solutions operations and partners as needed
- Resolve complex issues that may result from pricing pressures or other conflicts
- Work with Commercial and Operations teams to identify innovative solutions & outlets for waste by-products
- Participate in site visits and vendor relations outreach
- Identify and pursue relationships with emerging and innovative companies in the recycling and reuse marketplace
- Research existing and new recycling outlets to determine candidate vendor partner as needs arise
- Ensure achievement of compliance & services goals with appropriate regulations & company procedures
- Develop enhanced database of vendor outlets for internal Clean Earth use
- Map known recycling, disposal and reuse outlets to Clean Earth facility geography
- Ensure that database is maintained for preexisting outlets and new outlets are identified
- Responsible for all SOPs, work instructions, and guidance documents
- Research and initiate dialogue with experts within the recycling/reuse industry to develop recycling, reuse and waste minimizations solutions for client waste streams
- Conduct and participate in internal business reviews to present and review information with/to Senior Leadership
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, or Biology
- 3+ years of experience in waste/recycling industry specifically in vendor relations
- Knowledge of RCRA, DOT, DEA regulatory environment
- Up to 40% travel to customers and/or vendors/potential vendors & possible overnight stay
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certificate
- Training in DOT, RCRA,
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- The ability to manage several tasks at once to meet deadlines
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- Must own reliable automobile, have valid driver’s license and maintain minimum required automobile insurance coverage.
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.
GovernmentView all jobs at Clean Earth
Get fresh Recycling Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.