Plant Production Supervisor-Wastewater Treatment
- Posted: over a month ago
At Clean Earth, our name is our mission. We provide sweeping environmental services that help keep hazardous materials out of our landfills and our drinking water, and sustainability services to ensure a cleaner, greener planet for generations to come.
You’ll be joining an amazing team of dedicated professionals with a growing market leader. Now part of Harsco Corporation, a 150-year-old pioneer in recycling with 13,000 employees in over 60 countries, you’ll have the advantages offered by a large, well-established company while working in a small company environment. Harsco is proud to be listed on Newsweek’s America’s Most Responsible Companies 2021.Job Description
This position is responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant, advanced water treatment facility, and wastewater disposal facilities to ensure the efficient, safe, and economical treatment of wastewater, disposal of sludge and discharge of treated water. The incumbent is guided by policies and assignments received from the Facility Manager, but is carried out with a high degree of independent judgment in accomplishing the work and developing new programs and is accountable for results.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Plan, organize, assign, direct, and review the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant, the advanced water treatment facility and the disposal facilities.
- Oversee the operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and are in accordance with design criteria.
- Develop and implement techniques and methods of process control which increase plant efficiency.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Oversee the work of others contracted to work on plant components.
- Confer with Facility Manager on plant operational problems.
- Oversee the preventive maintenance program of the plant.
- Oversee emergency and unscheduled work to assure appropriate follow through.
- Prepare reports for submission to Facility Manager.
- Implement, direct and enforce plant safety and risk management programs.
- Coordinate equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
- Oversee preparation of work orders.
- Oversee the requisition process for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
- Responsible for inventory of stored material for use in the plant.
- Review and comment on all plans for construction, repair, or replacement of any plant components.
- Oversee training activities.
- Responsible for all section personnel issues including hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and terminating.
- Assist Facility Manager in preparation of budget by providing input relative to plant O& M fiscal needs.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry
- Two years’ experience in plant operations.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the operation, maintenance, inspection, repair, and installation of wastewater treatment plant components.
- Experiencing managing a small team
- Knowledge of the mechanical, biological, and chemical processes involved in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards in wastewater treatment plants and safety measures to be implemented.
- Experience applying principles of sound management and budget.
- Experience Planning and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment used in the wastewater treatment process.
- Ability to recognize needed repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and drawings pertaining to plant expansions and improvements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification to wear respirator & SCBA equipment
If you have the basic qualifications and are looking to join a great team in a rapidly growing company, apply today!
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Clean Earth