Operations Manager-Hazardous Waste, Fernley, NV
Clean Earth Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant.Job Description
If you’re in our industry, you know us already. You know that Clean Earth is a leading provider of sweeping environmental services and that we’re now part of Harsco, a global leader in the environmental industry with 13,000 employees around the world. We have the muscle, determination, resources and the strategies to continue our growth. Join us on this journey! You’ll enjoy a small company feel with the security and benefits that come with Harsco Corporation ownership.
As Operations Manager, you will lead an outstanding team of about 40 people in a TSDF location. In this role, you’ll have overall operational and financial responsibility for the Fernley site. You will work in close collaboration with sales, customer service, account, and health and safety groups to deliver world class service to our customers. Reporting to the Regional Director – Facility Operations, you’ll hire, train, and manage a team of technicians and other operations staff to achieve goals in regulatory compliance, revenue growth, budget, profit growth, account retention, safety and continuous improvement. You will lead production staff and operations to ensure the proper handling and treatment of all waste streams in compliance with Clean Earth policy and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage staff, including hiring, firing and development in accordance with Clean Earth Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures. Audit team's performance for quality, quantity, safety conformance and utilization of resources to ensure maximum effectiveness and to continuously improve all aspects of our health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Monitor production schedules and progress to coordinate work between shifts. Ensure adequate personnel and resources are available to support the Clean Earth core values.
- Review schedule board, shift reports, procedures and records for receiving, handling, storing, packaging and transporting materials to ensure accuracy, safety efficient and compliance with all applicable regulations, company policies, and Facility Operating Permits.
- Conduct activities to protect the wellbeing of our employees, the public, and the environment to ensure compliance with preventative measures. Complete inspection forms, identifying regulatory compliance and maintenance problems and implement corrective action.
- Ensure that the location meets or exceeds its goals as they pertain to regulatory compliance, revenue growth, budget, profit growth, account retention, safety and continuous improvement
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all team members. Oversee plant safety committee. Conduct safety meetings.
- Assist in presentation of personnel training programs by providing on-the-job training and by providing instruction.
- Report and respond to plant emergencies. Perform Contingency Plan Emergency Response procedures and act as Alternate Emergency Coordinator for Clean Earth if appointed
- Develop waste profile sheets on in-plant generated wastes. Coordinate outgoing loads and ship materials in compliance with operational procedures and regulatory regulations.
Fernley is about 40 minutes from fun-packed Reno, NV. Some relocation assistance is available for this role.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five or more years’ experience in the hazardous waste industry
- Three or more years managing an operations team
- Experience managing a cost center or P&L
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Advanced knowledge of math and science with an emphasis on Chemistry.
- A general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as they relate to the transportation and processing of waste.
- Effective management skills including leadership and motivation.
- Ability to use multiple systems and software
- Ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy
- Strong networking and proven relationship building skills and proven customer relationship development skills
- Must be able to work in an outdoor plant environment occasionally
- Must be willing and able to wear personal protection equipment such as Tyvek suit, goggles, and respirator
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Clean Earth