General Manager Haz Waste Facility
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste management companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.Job Description
This position is responsible for the overall operational and financial results of the TSDF location. In conjunction with sales, customer service, accounting, and health and safety groups, ensure that all regulatory compliance and safety issues are addressed and are within compliance. Ensure that the location meets or exceeds its goals as it pertains to regulatory compliance, revenue growth, budget, profit growth, account retention, safety and continuous improvement. The plant manager will lead production staff and operations to ensure the proper handling and treatment of all waste streams in compliance with Clean Earth policy and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assigns work to production crew and supervises their activities throughout the shift.
- Audits crew's performance for quality, quantity, safety conformance and utilization of resources to ensure maximum effectiveness and to continuously improve all aspects of our health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Manages staff, including hiring, firing and development in accordance with Clean Earth Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures.
- Monitors production schedules and progress to coordinate work between shifts. Ensures adequate personnel and resources are available to support the Clean Earth core values.
- Reviews schedule board, shift reports, procedures and records for receiving, handling, storing, packaging and transporting materials to ensure accuracy, safety efficient and compliance with all applicable regulations, company policies, and Facility Operating Permits.
- Conducts activities to protect the wellbeing of our employees, the public, and the environment to ensure compliance with preventative measures by inspecting production area and equipment including properly completing required inspection forms, identifying regulatory compliance and maintenance problems and implementing appropriate corrective action.
- Enforces and monitors safety rules and practices to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all personnel and ensures personnel are knowledgeable about any potential or known hazards and takes all necessary precautions.
- Oversees plant safety committee. Conducts crew safety meetings. Makes recommendations to achieve and maintain safe working conditions. Encourages personnel to achieve and maintain safe working conditions. Encourages personnel to identify health, safety, and environmental risks and participate in the development of appropriate solutions to mitigate risks.
- Assists in presentation of personnel training programs by providing on-the-job training and by providing instruction.
- Reports and responds to plant emergencies. Performs published Contingency Plan Emergency Response procedures and acts as Alternate Emergency Coordinator for Clean Earth if appointed. When accidents or incidents occur identifies the cause, reviews and amends procedures as necessary and communicates finding to personnel.
- Develops waste profile sheets on in-plant generated wastes. Coordinates outgoing loads and ships materials in compliance with operational procedures and regulatory regulations.
- Performs other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree coupled with five or more years of experience in waste industry; OR In lieu of a bachelor’s degree 10+ years of experience in waste industry.
- Three or more years managing an operations team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or bio sciences (Chemistry / Environmental science) or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Five or more years experience in hazardous waste industry
- Facility health and safety awareness and knowledge.
- Environmental background (knowledge of DOT, OSHA, RCRA, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of math and science with an emphasis on Chemistry.
- Experience or knowledge of TSDF and 10 Day operations.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility.
- Ability to make sound and thorough decisions after reviewing the facts, incorporating perspectives of others, applying technical knowledge, past experience, and incorporating company policy.
- Ability to be straight forward, candid while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect; maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to make sound and thorough decisions after reviewing the facts, incorporating perspectives of others, applying technical knowledge, experience, and incorporating company policy.
- Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects.
- Ability to use multiple systems and software while performing multiple transactions.
- Ability to identify problems as they occur; follow rules, guidelines, and procedures to resolve problems and make decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy.
- Strong networking and proven relationship building skills and proven customer relationship development skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.
RetailView all jobs at Clean Earth
Get fresh Work From Home Waste Management Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.