Director Sales - Commerical
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed, our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer service.
Every day Clean Earth takes a hands-on, dedicated approach to recycling and beneficially reusing waste that would otherwise go into landfills. Allow our team of experts to provide a customized waste disposal and recycling solution for your company, tailored to your needs, and your goals.Job Description
Oversee assigned Sales Team for the Retail National Accounts Sales Team supporting the delivery of sales to new and existing clients. As a leader within Clean Earth, this position is responsible for developing sales talent and building lasting internal and external relationships in-line with Clean Earth corporate values.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Oversee Sales activities for the Retail Sales Team within assigned area of responsibility. Select, train, and develop an effective and efficient staff in support of delivering Commercial Teams revenue goals.
- Make every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
- Establish and communicate performance standards and objectives; conduct performance appraisals.
- Recommend salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Monitor operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Counsel team members on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keep staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
- Administer all Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, interpret, as necessary, and ensure compliance and safety.
- Monitor and ensure that team members are performing their functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, to prevent accident or injuries.
- Monitor department work productivity, report on trends, and recommend and implement changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Manage lead generation by being visible and active with prospective clients including delivering speaking engagements, when appropriate.
- Develop sales plan with proactive approach which delivers to growth and profitability inline or exceeding annual corporate expectations. Develop and support a consistent, documented sales methodology.
- Participate in the development of operating goals and objectives; recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures for sales organization.
- Responsible for sales team accountability to a sales discipline while guiding and mentoring sales team (both new and existing team members).
- Proactively partner with Account Management and Marketing teams to develop and integrated client-facing strategy.
- Monitor sales related data trends to anticipate opportunities for growth and proactively correct deficits in the sales process or profitability forecast of the company.
- Responsible for communicating and representing the Clean Earth Brand to external customers.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Education equivalent to bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or Management, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Ten or more years of sales experience including at least 5 years of sales management experience, preferable in both face–to-face and telephone sales models.
- Experience in service-related sales and sales management preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time.
- Leadership Skills – Sets the goals and direction for the team. Regularly tracks the team’s progress and proactively makes adjustments to ensure the goals are met.
- Passion for Results – A self-starter focused on achieving the quantitative and qualitative goals of the position.
- Teamwork / Builds Strong Relationships - Demonstrates willingness and ability to work with others; fosters a team spirit with other team members and customers.
- Communication Skills – Utilizes effective communication skills across the Clean Earth organization (SQ Regional Sales Director counterparts, Operations District Managers, SQ Sales Administration, SQ Customer Service) to assist their sales team in managing the sales and service process to ensure we deliver Customer 1st performance to every account.
- Negotiation Skills – Capable of coaching the sales team through challenging customer negotiations and secure long-term win / win agreements.
- Financial Acumen - Capable of understanding the profit drivers of our business and able to coach the sales team on the keys to improving our profitability and meeting our customer’s requirements.
- Strategic Approach - Able to effectively plan and organize time to consistently achieve desired results. Develops quarterly business plans focused on key activities and milestones to achieve annual goals.
- Teacher / Coach – Able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each team member and develops a plan to help them reach their full potential.
- Professional Knowledge – Demonstrates a range of proven sales techniques, consultative selling approach. Knows applications of products. Demonstrates a solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.
BusinessView all jobs at Clean Earth
Get fresh Waste Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.