CDL A Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
Why choose Clean Earth?
$5000 sign-on bonus!*
Can earn in excess of $90,000/year!
No Seasonal schedule!
Day-1 health benefits!
Hourly pay plus OT!
We’re proud to be part of Harsco, a global leader in environmental solutions, and we were recently named by Newsweek as one of America’s Most Loved Workplaces 2021!
Are you looking for more than a job? Plant your roots and grow with us. Here at Clean Earth, you’ll have the opportunity for a career in the growing field of environmental sustainability. We provide sweeping solutions to retailers, pharmacies, hospitals, government operations, harbors, manufacturers and consumers, ensuring a cleaner, greener planet for generations to come. You could be part of the solution!
*Sign-on bonus paid out as follows: $1000 after 30 days of employment, $2000 after 6 months of employment, and $2000 after 12 months of employmentJob Description
Responsible for the identification, removal, packaging, transportation, and disposing of various hazardous materials in compliance with proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste handling and management.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Label containers and complete pre-printed manifests / work orders. Schedule shipments into or off site.
- Performs warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials. Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions and performing general housekeeping duties.
- Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
- Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment. Conducts lab pack operations. Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment.
- Performs various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to: Pre-trip inspections of vehicle, report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor immediately. and resolve leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition.
- Ongoing contact with all levels of Customers on a daily basis in delivering, promoting, and collecting waste containers. Regular contact with many different levels of personnel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL Class A
- DL HAZMat endorsement for transporting waste
- Two or more years of experience with a straight truck or combo vehicle required as well as with roll-off bins / boxes.
- Some College or waste industry experience
- VacTruck experience preferred but can be trained.
- TWIC endorsement
- Strong working knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory/DOT rules and regulations.
- Ability to read a map.
- Require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC)
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Tony Aliota, Senior Recruiter, at 262-346-4417 and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Clean Earth