Director - Food Science & Microbiology
Clean Crop Technologies Holyoke, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Food Science and Microbiology position is a new senior management position focused on tackling complex and critical technical challenges related to R&D process and hardware optimization. The position is a cross-functional role that will leverage subject matter expertise in both the food sciences/safety and food technology disciplines. The role is a critical position for the company and growth across multiple verticals in the food and agricultural industries.
- Manage wet lab and food quality evaluation work-flows across all R&D verticals (Dry Grains; Oilseeds; Animal Proteins; Dairy; other)
- Oversight of strategic resource allocation within R&D related to food quality, microbiology and pathogen testing.
- Advise and support R&D team on hardware design and other relevant requirements for prototyping and commercial systems.
- Ownership of quality management DoEs for food quality evaluation and validation studies across multiple food categories and product verticals.
- General management of daily tasks and projects related to food science and microbiology technicians.
- Coordinate with external advisors and R&D partners on relevant food quality, hardware and process conditions and requirements (ie. OSHA, FDA, EPA regulatory requirements).
- Procurement management for food science and wetlab equipment and consumables.
- MS or Ph.D in Food Science, Microbiology or Biology
- Experience in an R&D environment related to Food Quality or Process Engineering preferred
- +3 years management experience required
- Familiar with FDA, AOAC, and USDA standards and procedures for food quality and safety
- Understanding of analytical methods related to organoleptic, nutritional and chemical characterization of food properties.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team based projects environment
- Creative and innovative thinker with a focus on problem solving
- Strong communication skills and presenting experiment data and results.
- Comfortable managing small teams (3-10 technicians)
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and good organization skills.
Clean Crop TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Our tech reduces CO2e emissions and saves food from waste! Learn more at www.cleancroptech.com
Clean Crop Technologies is a VC-backed agtech start-up combining air and electricity to reduce food waste, extend shelf-life, and improve food safety. We are an early stage company seeking to build out our bench of technical engineers, chemists, microbiologists and food scientists with a passion for innovation, experimentation, pushing the envelope of what's possible, and a hunger to work at a fast-paced start-up. We are passionate about transforming frontier technology into products that will make food last longer, be healthier, and reduce the food system's GHG emissions. If that sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
410 Dwight StreetHolyoke, MA