Clayton Services has partnered up with a CPA firm that is seeking a qualified, experienced individual for a Staff Accountant (Tax) direct-hire position at a valued client inside the loop (Houston, TX 77008). The Staff Accountant should be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines; have demonstrated ability in planning and organizing (bookkeeping), and must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while managing shifting priorities.
Responsibilities of Staff Accountant:
- Preparing federal and state tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Assisting clients with estimated tax projections and planning
- Preparing complex tax returns and implementing tax-planning strategies, communicate with clients regularly during the preparation of compilations and business analysis.
- Assisting clients by monitoring their accounting activity; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Assisting with special projects and accounting analysis on a client by client basis.
- Tax research (as needed)
- Reviewing and preparing of journal entries as for month-end close, performing account reconciliations
- Applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing.
- Recognizing and communicating potential risks with staff and clients
- Utilizing tax software applications to prepare and process filings.
- Acting as a liaison between clients and third parties
Qualifications of Staff Accountant:
- 4-6 years experience in public accounting or corporate accounting dealing with financial statements, month-end closing, tax & bookkeeping analysis -OR- a combination of college-level education and experience is acceptable
- Experience with tax software: UltraTax CS, CCH ProSystem fx Engagement, Quickbooks highly preferred
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Proficiency in Excel (and Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong interpersonal skills & demonstrated soft skills
- Excellent written / verbal communication
Staff Accountant (Tax) - This is an excellent direct hire opportunity. This position is paying $60,000-$90,000 depending on experience. Great benefits are available upon hire. Immediate need. Apply today!