Clayco - Project Cost Engineer - STL
- Posted: December 15, 2022
Clayco is currently seeking a Project Cost Engineer to join our team in St. Louis, MO office. In this role, you will be assisting in the development and management of the project financial strategy. You will be working directly with the project management team to manage the project budget, costs, change orders, pricing requests, billings and forecasts. You will be responsible for generating and maintaining reports that provide information to different groups, work with the management team to identify variances, risks and maintain quality control processes to improve project cost procedures and ensuring conformity with management's strategy.
- Works with all project disciplines to ensure understanding of total project cost budget allowances and targets.
- Review project documents and specifications to accurately identify, develop and track request of change orders (owner and subcontractor related), baseline estimates, potential risk exposures while communicating potential impacts to the financial targets, schedule and overall project management process.
- Works closely with the accounting department to ensure the correct integration of all information needed to ensure accuracy in billings, payment applications, change orders, direct cost, labor cost, etc.
- Works closely with the project management team, executive management personnel, subcontractors, as well as occasional contact with clients.
- Responsible for cost engineering, cost estimation, cost analysis, and control activities for projects with significant non-routine requirements or for proposal estimating activities which require a moderate degree of technical skill and experience.
- Ensuring quality, accuracy, consistency, spend profile, performing change management, and transparency in all cost management deliverables.
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the cost and forecast reporting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Business Administration, Engineering, or Construction Management Degree
- Minimum of 2 years in the construction industry
- Knowledge of project development stages, procurement, project controls and construction execution practices is required.
- Working knowledge of applicable computer software such as PMWeb or similar project portfolio management software, data serve, excel, JDE, etc.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented and deliver on customer commitments.
- PMP certification would be ideal.
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $3.8 billion in revenue for 2020, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#5), Top 400 Contractors (#16)
AddressSaint Louis, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Clayco