The Patient Services Representative (PSR) performs intake, electronic patient management entry and personal and medical history data verification duties associated with the delivery of primary and specialized health care services. Patient Services Representatives are responsible to assist provider, clinical and administrative staff services. The PSR is generally the point of first contact with patients or visitors. Consequently, the PSR directs movement through the system by providing appropriate information of patients and visitors. The PSR is required to project a warm, knowledgeable, courteous and professional customer service oriented attitude consistently. The PSR position requires a high degree of patience and diplomacy. The PSR must negotiate between the rigors of high professional standards, time constraints and the temperaments of ill patients and a sometimes anxious family of caregivers. The PSR may be assigned to one of several departments or sites. The PSR position is supervised by the Site Manager for the respective division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists patients upon contact with the Center;
- Greets patients and determines needs and/or service requirements;
- Provides information and instruction related to service delivery process;
- Performs intake by conducting interview and electronic record entry and medical and personal history data verification;
- Reviews and/verifies completed forms for accuracy and clarity;
- Performs Clerical Duties;
- Enters information into electronic patient management system;
- Collects patient fees as prescribed and completed receipts;
- Closes out daily manual and/or electronic logs;
- Accurately accounts for petty cash fund with receipts;
- Obtains information for third party insurance billing;
- Answers telephones and handles questions and inquiries;
- A CRITICAL job responsibility requires incumbent to foster and maintain a pleasant, friendly demeanor under high stress and combative situations.
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- One year of experience in a medical field required;
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred;
- Must have basic computer skills;
- Ability to type 40-60 wpm.