ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
· Provide instruction in the following domain subjects as described in the Adult Education Program Design: Self-Care, Functional Academics and Vocational, Self Advocacy, and Community Integration.
· Develop course curricula and lesson plans that include class goals to reach individuals of different developmental levels within the same group.
· Prepare and administer meaningful and goal oriented classes to adults with developmental disabilities, actively engage individuals in class activity, and provide challenging curricula to expand knowledge and experience on site and in the community. Classes and activities are based on client involvement, assessments and goals.
· Participate in taking attendance, bus duty, and lunch duty as assigned by Associate Program Director.
· Transport students in Clausen House vehicles for off site program activities.
· Complete record keeping according to established standards and procedures.
· Write Individual Service Plans for each caseload consumer and track progress in the Semi-Annual and Annual Review reports, daily progress notes. Include consumer in process.
· Write Special Incident Reports per Title VII and XXII Regulations as needed.
· Monitor the whereabouts of consumers for whom you are responsible throughout program day.
· Flexible in adjusting to program changes.
· Serve as an advocate for a caseload of consumers, assisting them formally and informally with their growth in the program.
· Meet with consumers and interdisciplinary team to establish individualized goals and objectives for Individual Service Plans.
· Maintain a professional manner in all aspects of the job, both on and off site.
· Function as a suitable role model for consumers.
· Display a positive, constructive attitude.
· Make effective use of non-session time for room preparation, curriculum planning, consumer interactions, maintaining tidiness of Teachers’ Office and common areas.
· Keep supervisor involved and informed in pertinent consumer information.
· Maintain punctuality, reliability, and ethical practices.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the program mission by applying key values and principles in the daily work setting.
· Follow policies and procedures outlined in both the Clausen House Personnel Manual and the Adult Education Program policies.
Job Type: Full-time