Manufacturing Operation's Analyst (Material Resource Planner)
Classic Westchester Manchester, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manufacturing Operation’s Analyst utilizing D365, manages the production schedule to ensure demand and supply are always balanced. The role is responsible for the planning of demand, capacity, labor utilization, inventory levels and other production drivers. Monitors and analyzes production flows developing strategies to address any variances to plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Execute materials resource planning and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, maintain flow of work on the factory floor and achieve desired Market Rate Demand (MRD) levels.
· Communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
· Assess shortages by work order and/or customer order and communicate this to the production and customer service teams.
· Review and maintain D365 data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
· Communicate frequently and proactively with customer service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
· Track progression of production orders, identify any variances to plan, modify plans as necessary.
· Monitor and make recommendations on labor utilization in production.
· Champion lead time reduction projects.
· Maintain all planning related MRP parameters.
· Lead capacity evaluation and proactively communicate capacity concerns to production management.
· Inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short and long-term solutions.
· Assess forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic MRD levels on finished goods are maintained.
· Perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
· Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous.
· Proven experience working as a Production Planner.
· Technical certifications such as an APICS certification preferred.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
· Strong regard for product quality and safety standards.
· Meticulous and diligent.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
· Work is split 60/40 between interior/office environment and screen-printing manufacturing environment.
· Work is sometimes around manufacturing machines with moving parts and materials.
· Some work may be performed in a chemical laboratory environment
· Limited physical effort required.
· Limited exposure to physical risk.