Since 1950, Clark Pest Control has made the lives of people throughout California – and now northwestern Nevada – pest-free, worry-free and just plain better.
We maintain excellence in everything we do, from our first point of contact with our customers.
We'd love to welcome you to our team. We reward our employees with superior benefits and compensation, and provide extensive ongoing training to provide you with the skills to succeed. We believe it's important to invest in your career!
Our careers offer the perfect combination of autonomy, accountability and comradery.
The successful Commercial Sales Representative will be responsible for . . .
Under the general direction of the Service Manager the Commercial Sales Representative is responsible for:
- Develop leads and sales by creative solicitation, telemarketing, referrals from existing client lists, working lists of associations (some of which we are members), working targeted lists, and networking groups while attending meetings.
- Maintaining contact with business owners, their agents, company inspectors and others regarding work to be accomplished.
- Receiving and accounting for company funds.
- Maintain company issued equipment and vehicle in a clean condition at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- You must have a thorough working knowledge of common household pests, their life cycles, habitats, food preferences, and approved control measures.
- Know and comply with current rules, regulations, laws and chemical label instructions regarding treatment methods.
- You must be familiar with SPCB rules and regulations, MSDS and labels, spill abatement procedures, Clark paperwork, the Corporate Safety Program, respirator policy, chemicals and equipment.
- You must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization is also an expectation.
- You must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- You must have excellent computer skills with advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of products; Advanced technological abilities in the use of a laptop computer, smartphone.
- You must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
- You must write clearly and informatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar; Vary writing style to meet needs; Present numerical data effectively.
- You must have the ability to prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently; Set goals and objectives; Balance team and individual responsibilities.
We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen and physical. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
- You may be asked to operate a company vehicle.
- You must follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization's goals and values.
- Each employee must obey safety instructions, rules, policy and procedures and use provided and installed safety devices and safety equipment.
- An employee is responsible for notifying his/her immediate supervisor of a violation or deficiency in safe and healthful working conditions.
Education and Specifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred
- At least one year of outside sales experience is required.
- A Field Representative License Branch 2 must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment and maintained thereafter.
DO YOU WANT TO GROW WITH US?
Some of our Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- We maintain EXCELLENCE in everything we do
- Clark is financially stable and growing as a subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
- The Pest Management is a growing – and is an essential and recession resistant line of business
If you are a motivated, customer-centric person who takes great pride in providing excellent service and would like to join us on our crusade against pests and unhealthy lawns everywhere, we'd like to talk to you!