Clark Fork School is looking for a fabulous Kindergarten teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of place and play-based curriculum who can help create a year full of magic for our Kindergarten aged students. Employment contract begins asap and runs through June 10th, 2020.
a. BA in education and/or equivalent experience required. Preference will be given to applicants with a degree and experience in early childhood or experiential education.
b. Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with Clark Fork School’s program and policy.
c. Must undergo a background check and be approved by Child Care Licensing.
Hours: Primarily 8:30am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday (8:30-4:35 on Tuesdays), or as needed to fulfill job description. Must be available for all hours.
• Facilitate student intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth.
• Create and implement a place-based and academically challenging instructional program, including Forest Fridays.
• Create a safe and positive learning environment.
• Understand and implement appropriate assessment strategies.
• Involve students in meaningful and safe swimming and skiing programs.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues, parents/guardians, and the community to support learning, positive social-emotional growth, and well-being.
• Model a sense of wonder and teach environmentally sensitive behaviors.
• Demonstrate a passion for nature and place- based education.
Physical Demands: The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the educator to successfully perform the essential functions of the job: Standing for long periods of time, walking, hiking, reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, talking, hearing, visual acuity, significant time spent outdoors in all temperatures, lifting up to 60 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. https://www.clarkforkschool.org/