Clarios is the industry leader in smart energy storage solutions. We have 16,000 team members and 56 manufacturing and recycling centers around the globe; producing 154 million batteries annually. Our batteries can be found in 1 out of 3 cars around the world; as well as in heavy duty vehicles, marine, power sports, and agricultural applications. Our facility in Geneva, IL, is a fully integrated battery manufacturing plant with 300 employees that providing automotive batteries to our aftermarket customers across the country.
What you will do:
The facility in Geneva, IL is seeking experienced Maintenance Mechanics.
How you will do it:
- Electrical: troubleshoot or replace industrial electrical components such as switches, contactors, fuses, motors, etc.
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic: troubleshoot system components such as solenoids, valves, pumps, regulators, etc.
- Mechanical: Troubleshoot and repair industrial mechanical systems such as conveyors, washers, mixers, ovens, etc.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and equipment manuals
- Perform preventative maintenance work and process work orders, purchase requisitions and other documents specific to work area
- Neatly and accurately record required data
- Interpret and apply data from work order system
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment.
- Install new or repaired parts, following manufactures specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Assemble, install and program mechanical, electro-mechanical and automated machinery and systems such as production machinery / tools, storage racks, and robots.
- Set up and operate machine tool equipment in the maintenance area as well as basic operation of most production equipment such as drill presses, vertical mills, band saws, cut off saws, lathes, gas, arc, mig, and tig welding equipment as may be necessary to fabricate, repair and/or duplicate parts required to maintain and repair equipment.
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Clean equipment, tools, etc. and surrounding area between jobs.
What we look for:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- 4+ years previous maintenance experience in an industrial facility
- Preventative maintenance experience
- Experience using inventory and maintenance planning systems
- Experience rebuilding machine parts
- Machine troubleshooting or repair experience
- Ability to understand and follow all safety, quality and production specifications, instructions, written and verbal
- Comply with all standard OSHA and State safety regulations and policies including but not limited to
- LOTO (lock-out tag-out) for all types of equipment, proper handling of solvents and chemicals according to SDS sheets, vision, hearing and respiratory protection, and proper lifting techniques as may be required within the scope of the job at hand.
- Ability and willingness to perform facility and production equipment maintenance as directed
- Must be able to safely and independently solve equipment related problems with minimal supervision in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting skills and competency
- Electrical License (LME) or Journeyman Card
- Shift flexibility
Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Power Solutions, is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value
at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.