Guest Room Attendant
Clarion Hotel - Philadelphia Tinicum Township, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking Guest Room Attendants for our AM & PM shifts.
The Guest Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all guest rooms. He/she must work to promote safety in all guest areas by following strict procedures with respect to passkey, entry into guest rooms, and reporting any suspicious activity. The ideal individual for this position demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high quality standards and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest rooms including bathrooms, balconies and room furnishings.
- Strip and make bed(s) and change bed linen daily and check underneath.
- Clean, vacuum and dust guest rooms to ensure that they are in a spotless nature for the occupancy of the guests.
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom area clean and dry shower wall, tub, shower head, curtain and rod, spigots, vanity sink, mirror, air vent, toilet (top, middle, inside and base) and sweep and clean the entire bathroom floor, etc.
- Ensure the standard room set-up is complied with.
- Thoroughly clean all rooms assigned on the "Daily Assignment" list, at least 16 rooms per shift.
- Empty all trash and replace liners.
- Check for and remove dirty linens in the rooms in order to get them replaced.
- Clean, dust and check behind and in all furniture.
- Inspect all room linens for stains, burns, rips and replace before making the bed(s).
- Clean mirrors, TV, picture fronts and balcony doors and ensure they are free of dust, fingerprints, smudges and streaks.
- Replenish towels, linens, bedroom and bathroom amenities and supplies.
- Sweep under bed(s), A/C unit, edges of carpet all around the room and vacuum entire room.
- Clean and sweep balcony and ensure it is free of spider webs and debris.
- Check all room equipment and facilities prior to and after use to ensure they are functioning properly and complete a maintenance slip and report any faulty appliances.
- Check walls and clean where necessary.
- Interact with guests in a professional, helpful manner and provide friendly and courteous customer service.
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately and have complaints or concerns dealt with accordingly.
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Turn on all lights, TV, and open drapes.
- Report immediately all damage and missing items in a room.
- Report, turn in and log all lost and found guest property; absolute respect for guests property should always be exercised.
- Ensure security of pass key and turn in to housekeeping department when shift ends.
- Notify Director of Housekeeping of all rollaways, cribs/pack & play, microwaves, refrigerators in rooms for pick-up and storage.
- Report immediately to the Director of Housekeeping no luggage, no service needed, sleep outs, extra guests and anything unusual.
- Practice safety standards at all times including constant awareness of safety hazards (e.g. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious activity) and report to appropriate department.
- Report any maintenance problems, faulty equipment, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries to the Director of Housekeeping.
- Practice safe work habits, read warning labels, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards when handling, cleaning and disposing contaminated linen, BBP etc. and using cleaning chemicals.
- Follow and ensure compliance of all company safety and security policies and procedures and use equipment and chemicals in accordance with hotel's safety procedures.
- Communicate with the Inspector/Inspectress, Supervisor, Supervisor Lead and Management on the status of all cleaned rooms.
- Keep room cart clean, orderly and remove linen at the end of each shift and store in the linen/supply closet.
- Be respectful of guests in their rooms and be quiet on the floors.
- Be courteous and helpful to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- When leaving the room leave lights on for inspector/inspectress, supervisor.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Any other tasks/duties requested or assigned by Management.
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent time management skills.
- An extremely honest person with high levels of integrity.
- A keen eye for details.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Become familiar with proper use of cleaning chemicals and be able to read and understand labels on chemical bottles and work with cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to operate and work with a variety of cleaning equipment.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to push, reach, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift items weighing up to 30 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
- Should possess and display high levels of energy since the job demands that you operate on at least 16 rooms a day depending on the size of the workforce
- Must be flexible with scheduling and willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Housekeeping experience desirable
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Clarion Hotel - Philadelphia
AddressTinicum Township, PA
TourismView all jobs at Clarion Hotel - Philadelphia