- $29 to $30 Hourly
North Columbus Location
(Opening now for 5 day shifts in a 2 week period. Week 1 would be Tuesday and Friday.
Week 2 would be Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday)
Summary of Duties
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) staff serve as the supervisor in charge for their shift. As the team leader on their shift, they coordinate resident care, designate tasks, and assignments to Care Partners and monitor the overall functioning of the Wellness Department for the shift. They also are responsible for residence decisions in the absence of the Executive Director and Director of Nursing. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
● Plans and delegates work assignments assuring effective shift coverage; Coordinates care on his/her shift
● Participates in and supervises the delivery of personal care to residents
● Implements the service plans and collects data regarding the health status of residents
● Acts as team leader for shift; Coaches and counsels' Care Partners regarding care practices and standards; Follows proper disciplinary procedures if Care Partners are not following residence policies and procedures; Writes disciplinary reports per residence protocol
● Always maintains professional demeanor when interacting with residents and families
● Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations
● Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to Director of Nursing and takes appropriate action
● Administers medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR)
● Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate
● Conducts change of shift report with incoming/outgoing shift personnel
● Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during entire shift; Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with RSL policy and procedure.
● Transcribes physician orders, reviews MAR's for accuracy, and notifies pharmacy of changes
● Responds to emergencies in a prompt, calm manner
● Orients and assists with on-the-job training of new associates and participates in evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities of associates on his/her shift; Reports findings to Director of Nursing
● Monitors e-call system equipment to ensure proper working condition and caregiver response to e-call to assure timely assistance
● Monitors and maintains resident charts; Reports significant changes in a resident's condition to the physician and responsible party and documents in the resident's chart all observations, follow through and any new orders/instructions from the physician
● Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, and other safety rules
● Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, and fax machines and telephone
● Documents and reports resident incidents as required by state regulations
● Other duties as assigned
● Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities program
● Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member in sharing responsibilities for the administration of resident services in cooperation with all members of the team
● Keeps Director of Nursing informed of all changes in resident's health and/or any problems within the shift
● Participates in all staff meetings and attends other meetings as required
● Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process
● Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
● Graduate of accredited school of nursing
● Must be a licensed nurse in the State of Ohio
● Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
● Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting, bending, and pushing medication carts about residence is required.
● Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
● Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
● Experience in Assisted Living preferred.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Claremont Retirement VillageColumbus, OH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.