Clair Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Clair seeks to add it's first DevOps role to the team, with the objective of overseeing the configuration and maintenance of platform infrastructure, security initiatives, and internal tooling for operations teams.Responsibilities
- Manage the configuration and integrity of all infrastructure systems within AWS and Laravel Vapor
- Manage the configuration and integrity of all CI/CD pipelines within Github Actions, and the deployment tools for the mobile apps
- Oversee platform security posture and ensure the organization maintains 100% coverage within our security monitoring tools
- Work closely with operational teams to scope, build/acquire, and maintain the right tools for maintaining the platform and managing our user base
- Build and manage internal tools, per requirements specified by Operations
- Become expert in developing internal tools platforms (e.g. Retool, Airplane, Freshworks, Nova)
- Immerse yourself in the world and workflows of our Operations and Clair Care teams, understanding their processes
- In partnership with Operations Leadership, identify ways in which additional tooling could improve the efficiency of Clair's Operations team
- Based on tooling needs, scope and implement solutions -- this could involve buying additional SaaS products, further building out capabilities within existing tools, or developing new tools from scratch
- AWS Certification
- 5+ years of experience as a system/platform engineer, devops engineer, or similar role
- Experience having managing responsibility over security posture and measures
- Experience managing a SOC 2 compliant corporate environment
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and methodologies
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Leadership and management experience
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Jira
- Background or interest working in Fintech
Things we consider a plus:
- Senior level knowledge of the latest Laravel framework (currently 8.x; yes we keep our framework updated!)
- Knowledge of common Laravel packages
- Knowledge of Laravel ecosystem packages, such as Nova, Telescope, Forge, Vapor
- Knowledge of AWS Lamba hosting services
- Experience with Laravel testing tools
- Experience with Fintech products
- Scalable software and technologies that support it
- Common CI/CD practices & technologies, including ChipperCI & SentryIO
- Load and performance testing on existing systems
- Send us your application linked in this job description
- We'll review applications on a rolling basis
- We'll invite candidates for 3-4 rounds of interviews with the Clair team over Zoom.
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Clair