If you are a keen observer with an eye for detail and always gives 110% in order to achieve success, then a career as a private investigator is custom-made for you! Claims Verification Inc. (CVI) is looking for qualified candidates for an Part-Time INSURANCE FRAUD INVESTIGATOR position in the Philadelphia area
CVI is the premier insurance fraud investigation company in the industry since 1978. We set the standard for quality investigations and ethical behavior that our competitors try to meet. We are successful for only one reason: our employees are simply the best. Our management philosophy is no-nonsense and non-invasive, so the employees who thrive are those with high integrity who are able to work independently, and who aren't afraid to put in the time and effort to achieve their goals. If you are that type of person, then CVI will definitely work for you.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Conducts surveillance of both stationary and mobile subjects in a covert manner
- Obtains professional, quality video which will meet the requirements of clients and guidelines of court evidence
- Prepares and submits accurate summaries of case activity on a daily basis
- Provides professional, expedient and legal investigative services as requested by clients
- Performs case reviews to determine case objective and to verify information regarding address, telephone number, vehicles, and any other information to be generated
- Utilize online case management system, to prepare concise and accurate reports depicting all aspects of the progression of an investigation
- Maintains verbal/electronic (email) daily contact with management regarding case activity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Possess state private investigator’s license
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Must own or have access to a covert and mechanically reliable vehicle (no trucks or large SUV's)
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- Must own a laptop computer with current operating system
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule with some overnight travel; including weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions
Surveillance Vehicle Information
Investigators must drive a company approved vehicle, which is defined as a non-descript vehicle that does not stand out or can be easily forgotten. Red, yellow, orange and maroon vehicle colors are prohibited. Convertibles are prohibited. Pickup trucks and minivans will be looked at on an individual basis. Aftermarket wheels, loud exhaust, personalized license plates or license plate frames and stickers on the bumpers or windows are prohibited. All surveillance vehicles must have approved window tinting that is in compliance with state law. The vehicles must be safe and in a good working condition. It is the Investigator’s responsibility to maintain their vehicle in good working order.
After making a conditional offer of employment, the company will conduct a job-related background check. A comprehensive background check may consist of prior employment verification, motor vehicle records, professional reference checks, education confirmation and/ or criminal record and credit checks. Third-party services will be hired to perform these checks.
**After an offer is made and accepted, the employer will comply with the Immigration and Nationality Act I-9 requirements to establish your identity and employment eligibility.