Clade Design is looking for a motivated Senior Designer and Illustrator to help us out on a bunch of fun internal and external projects. Ideally, you’ll have 4-6 years of experience as a designer working on web and mobile applications. We really want someone with strong Visual Design skills, but we also need this person to be able to create compelling digital illustrations. We have a small team, so you’ll need to be comfortable receiving feedback and then taking the initiative to really own your designs. You should be able to work well with others and have a positive attitude - we take not-getting-stressed-out seriously (although not too seriously, as that would stress us out).
While we have locations in both Asheville, NC and Tacoma, WA, we are open to remote candidates - it's just a plus if you live nearby. If working from home means you can deliver strong, high-level and polished work, we’re on board.
- Brainstorming with product owners and designers on the concept and design direction
- Creating fun and engaging illustrations that match well to the product's brand
- Producing functional and appealing product designs (we use Figma and Adobe XD)
- Combining artistic talent with product and marketing research
- Mocking up interactive prototypes for testing and development
- Collaborating with fellow designers and managers
- Thinking holistically while designing a product, while still focusing on details and delivery
- Self-managing and owning product direction with our clients
- 4-6 years previous experience in design or another related field
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly collaborative
- Great communicator (this is key with remote team members)
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience designing for multiple types of devices and for accessibility guidelines
- Experience with prototyping designs
- Experience in interaction design, user-centered design methodologies, and usability
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- 3D modeling or Blender/C4D skills
- Motion design
- Streaming experience
We also make our own games and comics! (but we’ll talk about that some other time)
Being a small agency, we have the luxury of being picky, so we try to work with folks whose goals and products seek to have a positive impact on the world. We get a big kick out of solving complex and unique problems for people who understand and respect human-centric experiences.