Physician/Physician Assistant (Medication-Assisted Treatment)
Civitas Health Services Henrico, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Civitas Health Services, Inc. is seeking to hire a highly-skilled Physician or Physician Assistant to lead our diverse team of professionals through the facilitation and oversight of our Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) program. This is a Contract, Part-Time or Full-Time position that provides a unique career opportunity for any Physician and/or Physician Assistant who's looking to excel in a professional clinical environment, where your leadership skills and creativity can be the focus of your practice. Civitas Health Services is a progressive, innovative, and growing company that strives to provide the highest quality of person-centered therapeutic services and medication-assisted treatment services to children, adolescents, and adults throughout the State of Virginia, and we are looking for the best clinically trained leaders and professionals, to continue to expand our vision.
About Civitas Health Services, Inc.
Civitas Health Services, Inc is a Joint Commission Nationally Accredited Substance Abuse, Mental and Behavioral healthcare services provider in the Greater Richmond and Hampton Roads Area. Our team of professionals is invaluable to our organization. They embody our commitment to excellence and service to the community while providing quality care and customer service. We match their commitment by providing our team with competitive compensation and professional growth opportunities.
Benefits (for Full-Time):
- MAP Monthly Bonus Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tuition & Continuing Education Units Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance/Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off Accruals
- 401k Plan
- Prescribes appropriate psychotropic medication to clients.
- Provide initial evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing support to clients.
- Instructs client in purpose, dose, schedule, possible side effects, adverse reactions, and interactions of medications.
- Provides documentation of medical direction and supervision, e.g., chart review, case review, and review of patient care outcomes as required by the Virginia Board of Nursing and Board of Medicine.
- Provides clinical documentation and assures that all filing of clinical information and submission of billing information is done accurately and within the time frame required.
- Participates in case staffings and department meetings as needed.
- Make appropriate and timely clinical & medical referrals.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and treat psychiatric/mental health, substance abuse, and physical disorders.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and how to prescribe them.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team for the coordination of client care.
- Knowledge of detoxification protocols.
- Skill in supervising nurses and other staff.
- Knowledge of community medical resources
- Familiarity with DMAS Psychiatric & ARTS regulations including buprenorphine risk-management requirements.
- Knowledge and/or training in the ASAM Criteria including Levels 1 & 2 Withdrawal Management (or desire to attend in-person ASAM training course and/or addictions medicine course).
- Familiarity with Medical Necessity guidelines for reimbursement of medical/psychiatric treatment services.
- Provide initial physical & psychiatric evaluation and medical checks as well as psychiatric consults
- Act as the ORP medical provider managing/authorizing random urine drug screening per medical necessity regulations.
- Collaborate with clinicians regarding diagnostic & ASAM multi-dimensional assessments to review MH/SA diagnoses and develop individualized plans of care utilizing a wrap-around services philosophy.
- Possession of a valid license as a Physician and/or Physician Assistant
- SAMHSA Waiver required
- At least five years of experience as a Physician and/or Physician Assistant in a clinical setting
- Buprenorphine Waivered (or willingness to be waivered)
- Three to five years of experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing.
- Experience in psychotropic medication management and client care.
- Experience with adults in an outpatient setting.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.