- Posted: over a month ago
Civil Design, Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, infrastructure & analytics, and structures. Civil Design, Inc. recently celebrated its 26th year in business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
- Create, administer, maintain, and ensure the availability, security and integrity of enterprise level geodatabases
- SQL Server performance tuning and optimizing including OS, memory, database parameters, disk utilization, backup and disaster recovery planning and troubleshooting
- Data management, creation, reconciliation and quality control
- Manage ArcGIS Server software and hardware as well as ArcGIS Online account and maps
- Create high quality maps, web maps and other GIS-related products using ArcMap
- Coordinate data collection, reporting and map development for all departments
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of work performed
- Develop custom workflows and scripts to increase productivity and accuracy
- Operate and assist in the maintenance of GIS system hardware, software and related equipment
- Perform field work/inspections, which may require occasional travel
- Provide technical instruction and implement standards for office staff, field crews and clients
- Experience with ArcSDE/SQL Server multi-cluster environment, SQL Server Management Studio, ArcGIS Server, Amazon Web Services and ArcGIS Online
- Experience in data management including data loading, database management, metadata, file conversion and analysis
- Skilled in ArcSDE versioning and archiving workflows and best practices
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office, email, and internet browser programs
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel/stoop, and drive for extended periods
- ArcGIS Extensions / ModelBuilder
- Experience in integrating GIS systems with other enterprise applications
Minimum Education and Training:
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience with ArcGIS Desktop/Software
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field, and 1-3 years of professional-level geospatial work. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may substitute for the minimum requirements on a year per year basis.
** A test may be administered to potential candidates to validate stated experience and level of expertise.
Civil Design Inc.
ScienceView all jobs at Civil Design Inc.