Field Technician- Traffic Data Collection
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. (CDI) is a civil engineering firm of 90+ team members committed to Building Stronger Communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include Site, Surveying, Transportation, Water Resources, Structures and Infrastructure + Analytics. CDI is in its 26th year of business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
Culture: CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of Continuous Learning and Growth, Mutual Trust and Respect, Personal Ownership, and Responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Job Description: Responsible for the safe and effective installation, removal, and reading of traffic data collector equipment along various state-owned roads and highways throughout central/southern (within 2 hours of Effingham) IL as part of a two-person crew.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the installation, removal, and reading of traffic data collector equipment.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices at traffic data collection sites, individually and with team members.
- Excellent personal conduct and verbal communications with team members and the public (if required).
- Responsible use of equipment, tools, and company vehicle.
- Perform general maintenance and inventory of equipment.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and professional field notes of all traffic data collection sites.
- Maintain effective, daily communication and progress updates with project manager.
- Adherence to current and future safety policies, procedures and requirements of CDI and their Clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and ability to be trained in general data collection and field work processes.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with technology.
- Demonstrate a willingness to have a strong understanding of both the project and data being collected.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be physically able to work in a variety of outdoor field locations, under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required
- Certificate or Associate’s Degree in Engineering Science or Surveying preferred
- Any experience with Microsoft Excel and/or GIS Data Collection a plus
- Prior experience working in a field crew environment a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must successfully pass a Drug Test
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Engagement Readiness - Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
Work is generally performed outside at various job sites throughout the project region. Driving and/or riding in a vehicle for most of each workday is expected. Working in and around areas of vehicular traffic is required. May be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions including extreme temperatures, rain, snow, high winds, humidity and dusty conditions. Physical activity is required including walking, standing, carrying equipment, stooping, kneeling, and bending. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. May be exposed to exhaust fumes, dust particles, insects, wildlife, plants, poison ivy, and other environmental elements. Daily project start/stop times may vary based on project site locations, in addition to flexible work week schedules.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Civil Design Inc.
EngineeringView all jobs at Civil Design Inc.