Do you –
- Like interacting with all kinds of people, solving their problems and making them happy?
- Enjoy a fast-paced, never-boring environment?
- Exhibit strong communications skills?
- Work effectively with diverse groups?
- Identify, analyze and evaluate situations?
- Think proactively and creatively?
- See a great future ahead for you in the nonprofit sector?
If so, Civica wants you!
Membership & Communications Coordinator
The successful candidate is responsible for providing customer service to our nonprofit association clients. This includes: membership support, outreach and recruitment of new association members, and engagement and retention of existing members. Interact with members and prospective members through creative messaging and effective communication of membership benefits. Reports to the Manager of Member Services and Executive Directors. Interacts with other departments as needed.
- Communicate with members/prospective members by telephone, email or in person to provide information about membership, benefits and programs.
- Process membership renewals/applications in appropriate web based management and tracking systems.
- Update and maintain accurate database profiles for both members and non-members in association management software. This may include multiple processes, i.e., exporting, importing, formatting and testing for accuracy.
- Identify opportunities to enhance member engagement and increase relationship building efforts.
- Update websites with membership and event information as needed.
- Fulfill membership mailings and email distributions.
- Research business/company listings and employee information for membership outreach and data-gaps where needed and updating databases and other web based software.
- Assist with events and special projects when needed.
- Provide regular membership reports, including analysis of enrollment/renewals and trends in member feedback or questions; makes recommendations on necessary changes to membership program.
- Serve the association, its volunteer leaders and members with dedication and a desire to deliver exemplary service.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years professional work experience in an administrative/customer service capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, spelling, grammar an absolute must.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to represent the organization and our clients in a highly competent and professional manner both internally and externally.
- Commitment to customer service, including ability to handle multiple priorities and move quickly from one client to another when circumstances demand quick action.
- Ability to identify priorities, set deadlines, and adjust quickly to constantly changing demands.
- Exercise initiative to anticipate needs and to identify problems and solve them.
- Work independently.
- Ability to take direction and complete projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Intermediate skills in Office Suite (including Word and Excel) required for spreadsheet and word processing tasks, including mail merges.
- Ability to think analytically and query data for membership reports.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to learn and embrace new technology quickly.
- Committed and dependable.
- Association and/or nonprofit experience preferred but not required.
- Corporate culture of freedom & responsibility: generous vacation, flexible hours, opportunity to tele-commute several days per month.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Employees who work a year or more receive an economic interest in the company (expires if you leave our employ).
- Kaiser health plan & company-funded Health Savings Accounts.
- Vision coverage available.
- Dental coverage available.
- Partial cell-phone reimbursement.
- Company support of the cost of attending educational programs.