Do you --
- Manage nonprofits or similar organizations?
- Run high-achieving organizations?
- Effectively manage budgets, serve members and prospective members, and grow association revenues?
- Coach internal and external teams?
- Exhibit strong leadership and communications skills?
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people?
- Identify, analyze and evaluate situations important to your nonprofit’s industry?
- Think proactively and creatively?
If so, Civica wants you!
Primary Duties: Runs all business operations of the association. Works directly for and closely with Client Executive Committees and Boards in the formulation of all policies and positions of the association. Provides direction, mission, and supervision on daily/weekly basis for client team. Interacts with clients and client team regarding on-going projects, volunteer activities, special events and annual budget. Provides information, policy development, coordination and resolving problems. Helps direct the strategic planning process of the association. Formulates the plans or develops specific areas of the plan. Works directly with the president and president-elect on selection of participants. Works directly with Executive Committees and Civica director of finance on client financial operations. Maintains an open dialogue with volunteer leaders to answer questions, focus their efforts, and to keep them informed. Attends meetings.
Type Experience: Experience as an executive level manager in either a trade association, professional society or business. Experience in working with volunteers or committees in implementing decisions. Experience with strategic planning. Experience in lobbying or similar area of public affairs desirable but not required.
Civica Relationships: Provides to Civica managing director and to other Civica directors updates on major events with clients. Discusses the tasks, crises, responsibilities, personnel, projects and goals of the client team and of each of the clients. Reviews clients’ monthly revenue report and membership numbers. Leads the three-person client team – chief staff executive, membership representative and events representative – with support and advice of managing director and directors of membership and meetings.
- Professional work experience as an association management leader
- Ability to represent the organization and our clients in a highly competent and professional manner both internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully convey the benefits of association membership and follow through with appropriate action steps/fulfillment with the goal of increasing membership.
- Commitment to customer service, including ability to handle multiple priorities and move quickly from one client to another when circumstances demand quick action.
- Ability to identify priorities, set deadlines, and adjust quickly to constantly changing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in exercising initiative to anticipate needs and to identify problems and solve them.
- Facility to work independently.
- Ability to take direction and complete projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (including Word and Excel) required for spreadsheet and word processing tasks, including mail merges.
- Ability to think analytically and query data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency as a team player.
- Ability to learn and embrace new technology quickly.
- Commitment and dependability.
- Association management experience or multi-client experience (work in advertising agency, law firm or similar setting)
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Technology used in this occupation:
- Project management software (Wrike)
- Contact center software (ZenDesk)
- Association membership management software (MemberClicks, others)
- Customer relationship management CRM software (CapsuleCRM)
- Agenda-and-minutes portal software (MyCommittee)
- File-server software (SugarSync)
- Team instant-messaging software (Slack)
- Wordpress websites
- Database user interface and query software
- Email software (Outlook, Office 365)
- Network conferencing software
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook
Professional Growth / Business Development
- Championing a team environment in which collaboration with other co-workers is the norm.
- Participating in industry associations on the committee and/or board level
- Attending industry educational events
- Understanding and contributing to the company’s business development.
- Assisting in the drafting of client proposals as well as the review of existing client proposals.
Civica has a culture of Freedom & Responsibility. With the approval of your supervisor, permanent employees may take as much vacation as you’d like with the understanding that they should always be performing at the highest achievement levels and that they’ve taken all precautions to deal efficiently with client needs during your time away from the office. They must also obtain the consent of their managers.
·With your supervisor’s approval, you can choose to telecommute as necessary knowing, however, that your presence is mandated in the office when clients require it and for staff and personnel meetings.
Civica offers health insurance on the first day following the first full month of permanent employment. Civica also offers vision and dental plans, as well as Health Savings Accounts (currently issued by KeyBank).
Civica will support the cost of attending educational programs on a case-by-case basis.
Civica has a 401k plan for qualified employees.